• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Last Exile on Anime Unleashed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
herbkir

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:51 pm Reply with quote
News report on this event on ICv2 Online said Last Exile's TTV run will start March 8 with 2 episodes nitely 1-2 a.m., and then a mini-marathon on Sunday nite (March 14) of the first 13 episodes, followed by remainder on weeknights. This is different from how TTV usually runs Anime Unleashed, but does meet fans' clamor for a repeat block in the same week that series episodes are run. (^_*)
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm completely confused as to how TechTV schedules Anime Unleashed to begin with, nowadays. Could anyone please be so kind as to post the current schedule? It would be very much appreciated.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kholdstare

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Sure.

Tuesday- Saturday (Monday night- Friday night)
1-2 a.m.

Monday (Sunday night)
2-3:30 a.m
Kholdstare

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:51 pm Reply with quote
This is a quote from an AU staffer, the same one that my001 quoted eariler:

All I can say is what I said above, a deal is not currently done. As soon as any deals are officially done, there will be an official TechTV announcement and great fanfare, I assure you.

ANN was asked to take that news down, which they did, but then it went back up, which it shouldn't have. I was confused by their post (saying they were asked to delay it for two days), but our marketing folk are trying to reach them.

I really hopes this deal comes through.
Ataru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Good deal. New and good. TechTV is sure is trying it's darnest to fight back CN and it's AS block.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
herbkir

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:21 am Reply with quote
As of yesterday (Jan. 27) afternoon, Tech TV still said the Last Exile airing deal hadn't been signed, and they were trying to find out where ICv2 got its detailed story from. I know ANN still has up its story that the deal is done, and so does ICv2, but TTV is saying the deal isn't done. Something's screwy here.

Anyway, a mere 5 weeks from acquisition at end of Jan. to airing March 8 seems quite short, considering that the 26 episodes must be prepared for TV (edits for time, inserting commercial cuts etc.) and there should be some advance promotion on air and via news releases/Web site.

Also, the schedule given in the ICv2 article doesn't really make sense. At 2 eps. per night/5 nites a week, they'd burn through the 26 Exile episodes in less than 3 weeks. Seems like a waste of what likely will be an expensive property that could easily become their best-ever ratings grabber. Also, given that only one of the planned 7 dubbed DVDs is currently available, with the remaining releases spread out until next Christmas, there's a question of why Geneon would want the show to run so soon on TTV when a delay to a bit later in the year would mean more of the DVDs are in retail channels. (^_*)
Cerberus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
Good deal. New and good. TechTV is sure is trying it's darnest to fight back CN and it's AS block.

If they were trying to fight CN's Adult Swim block, I think they would have moved Anime Unleashed to an earlier time slot...but maybe I think that because I can't stay up for either. Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Cerberus wrote:

If they were trying to fight CN's Adult Swim block, I think they would have moved Anime Unleashed to an earlier time slot...but maybe I think that because I can't stay up for either. Embarassed

Nah, bad ratings pushed it back and gave it a slot 1 and half hour block on Sunday's.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Cerberus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:36 pm Reply with quote
So I guess that if Last Exile gives AU much higher ratings, there's a possibility of the block being shown earlier.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kholdstare

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Ok, now it is official. You can read the announcement on TechTV's website here.

ANN was wrong about its scheduling. Last Exile will air at these times.

Starting Monday, March 8, 2004, two episodes of "Last Exile" will air every night on this schedule.

Monday-Friday from 10-11 p.m. Eastern (replacing "Robot Wars")

Saturday from 10-11 p.m. Eastern (replacing "Unscrewed")

Those 12 episodes will be followed by a daylong marathon of "Last Exile" on Sunday, March 14 from 4 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. Eastern. Fans are in for a special treat at the end of this marathon, when they'll get a sneak peek airing of episode 13, which is not yet available on DVD.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Kholdstare wrote:
ANN was wrong about its scheduling. Last Exile will air at these times.

No, we weren't wrong.

They changed their schedule. The schedule we posted came straight from what they sent us.

-t
Kholdstare

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Ok, fine. They were outdated.
arxane

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Yes. Finally, an official confirmation.

They'll be airing two episode at an earlier timeslot, 10-11pm Eastern, which is exactly before Adult Swim (smart move). However, TechTVAnime from the TechTV messageboards said that this is only a special occasion fo the premiere; this timeslot for Anime Unleashed is not permanent.

Also a pity they don't have all 26 episodes and will only air the second half of them in 2005...but then again this is Geneon, which took a year and a half to release "X: TV".

This is going to be sweet, all the same.
Cerberus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:41 pm Reply with quote
10 PM is a much more reasonable time slot for me to watch Last Exile. Plus since I have Time Warner Digital Cable, Last Exile will probably end up being on TechTV on Demand as well. Cool
Kholdstare

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:47 am Reply with quote
ANN''s recent post is inaccurate. They are going to have that marathon on Sunday, not Saturday. On Saturday, it will air at 10-11 pm EST just like the rest of the week.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3