• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Allison & Lillia (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sallyxi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:55 am Reply with quote
Is Allison that girl who sings "Lolita Bonita"? I really like that girl
Veoryn87

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:00 am Reply with quote
Allison is the blonde girl who flies the planes.
Mylene

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Just got around to watching the first two episodes of this series today. Yet again, I'm in love. I especially enjoyed the first episode, with the adventurous nature of it all. Mizuki Nana's doing a fabulous job with Allison's voice, and Allison, well...she has the potential of becoming a favorite character if she maintains her spunkiness throughout the series. I love her impulsive, no fear, straightforward way of acting and speaking. I've seen a few too many series with rather submissive female characters recently, so this is nice and refreshing.
countchocula86

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:32 pm Reply with quote
So far, having watched the first 2 eps, I quite like this show. I like the scenery, costumes, music, and of course the simple but entrancing adventure plot. There arent that many similarities, but for some reason it reminds me a lot of the animated Tin Tin cartoons. Im looking forward to this show, and based on what others have send I must check out Kino's Journey as well.
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:32 pm Reply with quote
I've only seen the first episode, but I'm liking it so far. When I skimmed through the episode I was hesitant, but after hearing a few good things I sat down and gave it a go. "This is it" I thought, this is why I love anime. No other medium can/does this sort of setting like anime, and it's probably why I'm so attracted to the medium. These sort of pseudo fantasy/ historical fiction/adventure shows just hit me in all the right spots in a way that no other medium can. Not even the most eloquently written novels feels as wonderful to watch sometimes as when the anime is playing such an enchanting song as the OP with shots of carefree young people going on an adventure. Probably one of my favorite OPs of all time.

Is it the best show of the season? Almost certainly not in my book, but it's one of only two that I already know I'll watch through to the end come hell or high water. It's too atmospheric for me to resist. Laughing

Am I the only one getting that spoiler[Shire vibe] from the first episode? That feeling that spoiler[everything they know and love in this idyllic place is going to burn?]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jedi General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:16 pm Reply with quote
I've watched two episodes, and the series has already impressed me. Not only are the animation and artistry gorgeous, but despite being slow-paced, I haven't been bored in the slightest. The writing so far has been quite good as well, as has the music. I'm totally in love with this series. I was hoping for this, since the same thing happened when I first watched Kino's Journey.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
fokkusuhaundo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:26 pm Reply with quote
When I first heard that Allison to Lillia was from the creator of Kino's Journey, I knew I had to check this show out and so far after two episodes it's one of the most interesting shows this season, and I can't help but be drawn to the adventure aspect of it.
Mylene

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Hmm...I just watched the third episode of this series, and I don't know, it lost a touch of the spark that the first episode had. I mean it's still quite good, but being able to guess everything that was going to happen took away from the episode a little for me.

I did like spoiler[Allison's tears as she flew away from the base] though.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Well, I've been searching for a potential 10th series (including Naruto and Bleach, of course Wink ) that I'll be following this season, so I decided to check this thread out out of curiosity, since I've heard a lot of good things about this series. And I must say, some of what you guys have been saying about it really made me want to at least give the first episode a shot, as it appears it'll be more liking to my tastes than I originally thought.

Well, gave it a shot not to long ago, and it surely enough has indeed caught my interest. Very Happy I've always been one who likes a good adventure story, and it looks as if that's what I'll be getting here, along with a Spice and Wolf-styled laid back feeling. The best of 2 worlds. Cool Of course, as a lot of you already know I'm sure, I really don't mind slow pacing at all, so long as there's at least something to capture my interest. But I honestly don't feel like this is a series that's going to be all that slow paced anyways.

Whatever the case though, I think I've just found my 10th (or 8th, pending on what you consider to be this season) series of the season. Very Happy
Darc_knight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:36 pm Reply with quote
By far one of the best anime of this season (Kurenai is pretty good as well). Lovely character relationships/interactions, nice animations, and an intriguing plot. Other animes of this season did not catch my attention as this anime has so far based on the first few episodes. The drawings seem similar to Kino's Journey but more fast paced and interesting to watch.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
HellKorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:22 pm Reply with quote
After a promising first episode, the series stumbles a bit with episode two and completely drops the ball with episode three.

I love a rip-snorting adventure as much as the next guy, but when you have an apparently restricting budget -- three shouldn't have been so damn awkward, and there are really stiff moments throughout the first two, as well -- and annoyingly stock melodrama with clichéd characters, then I'm not going to care for it. I didn't think much of the director's Mokke, and I certainly don't feel any of the suspense and emotion that he is trying to go for yet falling far short of.

Shame, because Allison, Will, and Benedict strike me as interesting characters, which leaves me wanting to read the novel... if I knew Japanese.

Really disappointing.
rainbowcourage

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:13 pm Reply with quote
I was hedging on whether to watch this or not due to some mixed reviews about episode 3, but having watched the first 3 episodes I can say I'm glad I didn't miss this one. It's pretty, it's slow but not boring, and it oozes with potential. Now that everything's in place for their grand adventure, I have so many questions. And I wonder how many episodes in they will hand the ball to Lilia. I've always liked stories that deal with the passage of time and generations even if they do make me a bit melancholy.
HMMcKamikaze

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:05 pm Reply with quote
I read somewhere that the first 15 episodes would be focused on the current storyline, and then the rest would shift to Lillia's.
Flameon
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:54 pm Reply with quote
HellKorn wrote:
After a promising first episode, the series stumbles a bit with episode two and completely drops the ball with episode three.

I love a rip-snorting adventure as much as the next guy, but when you have an apparently restricting budget -- three shouldn't have been so damn awkward, and there are really stiff moments throughout the first two, as well -- and annoyingly stock melodrama with clichéd characters, then I'm not going to care for it. I didn't think much of the director's Mokke, and I certainly don't feel any of the suspense and emotion that he is trying to go for yet falling far short of.

Shame, because Allison, Will, and Benedict strike me as interesting characters, which leaves me wanting to read the novel... if I knew Japanese.

Really disappointing.

I'm feeling the same thing. The first episode was a good introduction to what could be a really really good series but after watching episode 3 and 4 I've been losing interest fast :/. I'll be following it for a few more episodes with the hopes of a comeback.
HMMcKamikaze

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Same with me actually. The last episode didn't seem that bad, but now with this one right after I can see the show is progressively getting worse. It's a shame too because the first episode was really great and set up what looked like a very interesting story.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6