• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Wagaya no Oinari-sama.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
8JF

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:48 pm Reply with quote
The potential is there and it shows tidbits of promise but just relapses into monster of the week. That one conversation spoiler[Between Kuu and the father almost had me thinking this might mature into something akin to Spice and Wolf. It almost wants to go there but it keeps shying away.]

Kou is beginning to get on my nerves with her portrayal as spoiler[a hopeless domestic and social incompetent. It was never funny to start with and now it's just annoying.]

This series could easily be fun, light hearted and serious if it could just lose the idiocy of unexplained monster of the week and pointless slap stick comedy that detracts from the story.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:19 pm Reply with quote
8JF wrote:
Kou is beginning to get on my nerves with her portrayal as spoiler[a hopeless domestic and social incompetent. It was never funny to start with and now it's just annoying.]

I know. spoiler[Six broken dishes a day? Really? It's not that hard to hold on to a dish or a cup, and they're really not that fragile that they'd shatter EVERY TIME.]

While there is a little potential for the series if it decides to move onto something other than monster of the week, I still wouldn't expect much. Kuu is an interesting character, but I don't really see much possibility in either of the boys, and the father is a secondary character.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:26 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised that I've even made it to episode 5. The series is below average, and I still haven't even had the slightest urge to drop it yet. Odd.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:42 am Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
I'm surprised that I've even made it to episode 5. The series is below average, and I still haven't even had the slightest urge to drop it yet. Odd.

Same. Right now, it's a D+ with me, but I don't have any plans to drop it either. Though I'm really wishing the pace would pick up soon. I can't sit through 26 episodes of this... Mad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
animebrainyanic

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:10 pm Reply with quote
No really, I wasn't expecting that this series would be good or bad, I hope for a good story, I like the animation, but the storyline is pretty off like it is at mediocrity. They can't fool the viewers, I hope they would put up a hype.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Espeon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:22 am Reply with quote
I've been listening to the Ending them for Wagaya no Oinari-sama the 2nd one starting 19th episode and I felt that I heard this same song style somewhere else.. Anyone have some idea's?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2