• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Nintendo to Release Xenoblade Chronicles in N. America in 2012

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Great, now can we get a compilation/3DS reboot of the Mother/Earthbound games? Rolling Eyes
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:50 pm Reply with quote
I'll buy this on day 1 if for no other reason than it increases the chances of also seeing Last Story and Pandora here. Although that said, Nintendo can still go to hell. They're not earning any goodwill here by doing this. This should never have been the massive clusterfuck of an issue that it was in the first place.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Shweet!

I'll definitely buy this game for enjoyment and in hope of supporting the localization of The Last Story and Pandora's Tower.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:15 pm Reply with quote
I agree with Ichi, some people think this will earn Nintendo goodwill; but honestly like many on this thread, a lot of the people I know that wanted to play this went ahead and imported. Its nice that it will be released, but Im thinking more along the lines of about time, rather than thanks.

But I also want to see Last Story and PT.
B.K.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:37 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:

Reggie more or less considers the Wii dead outside first party titles and is focusing on the Wii-U.

Xenoblade IS a first party title though. That's what makes it so bad. Nintendo has owned Monolithsoft for years.
sfried

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:36 am Reply with quote
"One down. Two to go."

Preordered like crazy.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:39 am Reply with quote
B.K. wrote:
TitanXL wrote:

Reggie more or less considers the Wii dead outside first party titles and is focusing on the Wii-U.

Xenoblade IS a first party title though. That's what makes it so bad. Nintendo has owned Monolithsoft for years.

Eh, first party as in Mario, Zelda, Kirby, etc stuff.. not just a company they own.

Though there's also the fact they only make like 60% of a Japanese sale for each American sale due to the low American dollar value compared to the yen. It leads to less risks being taken when it comes to localization, since you spend more money localizing stuff than you do get a return... it's why the Gyakuten Saiban was dropped in America.
Lightning Leo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:36 am Reply with quote
This is great, looks like the fan efforts weren't in vain.

Now if we could only get Capcom to finish Megaman Legends 3... Very Happy
Son-kun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:49 pm Reply with quote
It's about time. Seriously.
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:39 am Reply with quote
I'm really excited about Xenoblade coming to the U.S. and all, but does anyone else find it hilarious how similar the games' cover is to the Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere picture in the recent reviews section?
machomuu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:27 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Dumnerd wrote:

domino wrote:
The Wii has so many bad games...
And the PS3 & 360 don't? Confused
I guess everyone's too busy shooting each other in the head online to notice (or care). Razz

I do agree that PS3 and 360 has it share of bad games and shovelwares. But the Wii has gotten more bad games and shovelwares then any console. I will agree the Wii had some good game (which some of them eventually got port to PS3 because of the Move. For example: House of the Dead: Overkill, No more Heroes, etc). But the problem with the Wii it doesn't have good title that the PS3 and 360 has like Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Bioshock, Grand Theft Auto, LA Noire, and 3rd party titles that you would find on the PS3 and 360.

The Wii actually has quite a few good games, I use it much more than my PS3 and 360 for that reason. Sure there's a lot of Shovelware, but that's only because those devs are smart enough to realize that since the audiences mostly attracted to the PS3 and 360 won't give them a second look due to them not having guns, explosions, or action-packed covers, and gamers like many of us, who look at most genres and never judge a game based on it's cover (literally) or how flashy it looks won't buy them. For that reason, they go to the family friendly system as kids are attracted to these games because of aesthetically pleasing covers and kid oriented advertising (which, due to the large amount of shovelware, is the reason that Nintendo is sadly considered a kids system by certain people). But other than that, the good games are there, and I would say that there are arguably more good games on the Wii than the PS3/360, especially considering the fact that most of the latter games are available for the PC, and moddable versions at that.

But back on topic, I'm glade this is happening. I'm pretty far in the EU version, but I'll probably start over once it releases in the US. I'm a little disappointed that their not going to redub it, but I'm just happy they're bringing it over.
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
No one knows (aside from some people inside Nintendo), and I doubt anyone else ever will know.

My own personal theory? Reggie thinks it will compete with Skyward Sword in sales.
machomuu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Gon*Gon wrote:
Quote:
No one knows (aside from some people inside Nintendo), and I doubt anyone else ever will know.

My own personal theory? Reggie thinks it will compete with Skyward Sword in sales.
But it's coming out in April, I don't think it qualifies as a competitor. Also, why would he want it to compete with another First-Party game of his own company?
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:13 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Great, now can we get a compilation/3DS reboot of the Mother/Earthbound games? :roll:

I've been asking that for years via emails, Club Nintendo, phone calls, even hand written letters. Trust me, I've tried every means of communication to ask Nintendo to license these games. This is coming from a gamer whose been a gamer for nearly 18 and has bought every game system Nintendo has made since the Nintendo Entertainment system was created.

To bad (this is what a Game Stop manager told me) that the Wii is obsolete, as is the Nintendo DSi XL as well. Now while there are some knowledgeable, I wouldn't take much stock into what that guy told me.

I've called Nintendo and asked them if this was true and unsurprisingly, the person I spoke to knew even less the Game stop employee. I even had to tell the Nintendo employee what a Nintendo DSI XL was and no, I'd like to say I am kidding, but sadly I am not.

Don't get me wrong, Xenoblade is a decent enough series, but I'd really like to play Earthbound again and maybe once in my lifetime, play Mother 3 (Earthbound 2). Heck, if either was released for Wii Ware, I'd even be willing to buy them for 1,0000 points just to be able to play the games. I'd even be willing to pay even more for Mother 3.

If anyone from Nintendo is reading this comment, I can't speak for anyone else and frankly I won't, but I have bought games and game systems from you for easily almost 18 years. Way back in the beginning of my gaming hobby, I worked hard to earn that Super Nintendo and eventually other systems. I took on as many chores as my parents would allow and studied extremely hard just so I'd get a additional raise in my allowance that week so I could eventually afford a Super Nintendo and some games.

Back when I started being a video gamer, the internet did not even exist, nor did strategy guides, cheat codes or memory cards. I stayed loyal even after my expenses grew (college, home expenses etc.)

Long story short, I'd love to buy/play these games again. I remember when the first Xenoblade was created and by no means am I saying it's not a good game.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm a fan of old Xenogear and Xenosaga series. I wonder if Xenoblade is related to them. I'm bumming since this thing going only be on Wii, which could use some additional good games for it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2