• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kannagi.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skylark

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:52 am Reply with quote
I am really loving this anime. The fluidity of the animation is amazing and I am totally in love with Nagi (even though she does have some issues >.>) I absolutely love the scene where Jin came home to see the wand glued to the table! ”Fukinkaki." "Nee yo!" I nearly died laughing.

Tsugumi is cute too. This won't be like other spoiler[love triangles I guess in that I like both the chicks; usually there is one that I distinctly want to lose.] In any case this show is both hilarious and kind of heart warming, and I'm really enjoying it only 2 episodes in.

Also, the OP is absolutely win. I can't stop watching it. Anime cry
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
animebrainyanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:12 am Reply with quote
My impression for this it's Nagi's craziness, although I never thought she was an A-cup, she pretty fits I think for that category.

Nagi will be ordering Pizza Hut ad for this anime, I think I'm gonna get hungry just watching.

Overall it's all fun (until 3), It's in my watch list.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3: Time for school, and there's some very quirky people while Jin's actually the most normal of them all.

spoiler[Not sure what I think of all these characters yet; I sorta like Akiba-ke but I don't like Macho Man. At least one of the girls seems semi-interesting. Tsugumi's eyes were kind of creepy when she was making that provocative statement about ghosts though. They were hollow and it seemed like she wanted to go and kill someone...]

Haruka Tomatsu's quickly climbing the ranks of my favorite seiyuu. She's easily the best of all the newcomers.
RedHotFunk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:50 pm Reply with quote
The avy says it all; it has been a real dry season for me in terms of watching anime (I am still contemplating Code Geass, but i hate the art style... *avoids all the hate*). Kannagi just has a bit of fun in it, with it's take on magical girl shojo, crazy antics and a bit of idol intake to boot. Wink
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:21 am Reply with quote
well, ep 3 was definitely the clencher for me: I'm stickin' with Kannagi! And if it gets liscensed, I'm shellin' out for the DVDs. Ep 3 was awesome to me... I said it in the "What are you watching?" thread; it definitely plays on the usual romance-comedy antics, but it does so in a way that is entirely fresh and highly entertaining. None of the characters thus far have been unlikeable to me. Even the president and vice pres of the art club entertained me in how they were looking at the rest of the club: they definitely value them, but they also play the role of stern (yet encouraging) leaders. Plus, this is the second time ever that I've seen a female anime character suffer a nosebleed due to 'opposite sex excitement' Laughing .
And seriously, Jin and Nagi's "fight scene" when they were both at school is definitely one of my favorite scenes of this season: classic!!!! And to top it all off, the very brief intro of spoiler[Nagi's younger sister] at the end of ep 3 has really got me hooked. So far... a definite 'must see!' Very Happy
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:19 am Reply with quote
Re: Ep 3: I was especially impressed at how spoiler[Nagi wasn't even around for the first 10 minutes or so] but it was still hilarious thanks to the fantastic supporting cast. I'm especially amused at how spoiler[the Akiba guy isn't quite the stereotypical otaku but is more of the art-snob type who frowns on other otaku because he has a denial complex.] Anime hyper

Slightly predictable ending but getting there is 90% of the fun.

Plus, omg, the opening, I still can't get enough of the opening. Usually after the first episode of a series I skip credit sequences but I always sit through this one.
demonroach

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:57 pm Reply with quote
animebrainyanic wrote:
My impression for this it's Nagi's craziness, although I never thought she was an A-cup, she pretty fits I think for that category.

Nagi will be ordering Pizza Hut ad for this anime, I think I'm gonna get hungry just watching.

Overall it's all fun (until 3), It's in my watch list.

I'm going to order some pizza for the episode.

spoiler[I WANNA BE LIKE NAGI!][/spoiler]
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:26 am Reply with quote
Episode 4 = win. Best way to set up a harem ever.

spoiler[Ehehe...right off the bat, Nagi wants to become an idol! The whole "tree cut down thing" was a really clever excuse to move the show in that direction, and it all works out perfectly. Zange-chan is also a nice addition to the show. Apparently, she posessed some girl named Hakua and took over her body, and that girl goes to the same school as Jin. It's a little weird how people don't recognize Hakua as Zange though. Maybe the sister outfit makes her unrecognizable?]

Anyway, this seems it for the introductory stuff. Anyone know how many episodes this will be? A source I visit says "unknown number of episodes", so it could be more than standard 24-26.
gokuthamonkeyking

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:06 pm Reply with quote
dont suppose anyone has any pics of this show do they?
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:12 pm Reply with quote
frentymon wrote:

I hear that. I also like the fact that spoiler[Nagi and Zange are enemies and it does not have to do with a love rivalry,] yet another refreshing change. You gotta watch out for that Zange, she's probably going to turn out to be an even bigger handful than Nagi, and that's saying a lot! Jin... you have my sympathies Razz .
jetz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:31 am Reply with quote
frentymon wrote:

spoiler[Ehehe...right off the bat, Nagi wants to become an idol! The whole "tree cut down thing" was a really clever excuse to move the show in that direction, and it all works out perfectly. Zange-chan is also a nice addition to the show. Apparently, she posessed some girl named Hakua and took over her body, and that girl goes to the same school as Jin. It's a little weird how people don't recognize Hakua as Zange though. Maybe the sister outfit makes her unrecognizable?]

Anyway, this seems it for the introductory stuff. Anyone know how many episodes this will be? A source I visit says "unknown number of episodes", so it could be more than standard 24-26.

I think spoiler[they do know that she is the famous Zange-chan. She threw her stuff at one of the girls with her, in a rude way (at least I think so) and that girl just willingly carried it with no complaints]. If it were me I'd be mad, even if the person who did it was my friend.

Regarding the OP animation - I do think that it's cute but I still like the one in Rosario + Vampire better (both OPs are similar, don't you think? Smile )
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:12 pm Reply with quote
jetz wrote:
Regarding the OP animation - I do think that it's cute but I still like the one in Rosario + Vampire better (both OPs are similar, don't you think? Smile )

I believe you mean the Rosario ED? Wink I guess the Rosario one does look flashier because it has multiple people in it but from a technical/artistic perspective the Kannagi sequence is more .... more.

Anyway, here's Haruka Tomatsu's music video for the full OP song.

Offhand I'd say it probably cost more labor and hours to animate the 1:30 OP than to film the 4:49 of that video Laughing
jetz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:53 am Reply with quote
It was only the ED for the first episode. The actual ED is kind of boring, to be honest Anime smile + sweatdrop

I guess you're right. The Kannagi OP, in terms of animation, is a lot better [I like the song in R+V Capu2 more though - Nana Mizuki <3 ). I remember seeing it for the first time and noticing how fluid and detailed it was.
spoon89

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:20 am Reply with quote
Lol, after seeing the recent episode (episode 4) i have come to realize why Kannagi has such an opening maybe sometime in the development of the plot spoiler[ nagi may have to become an idol in order to get the support of others to once again become as strong as she once was as a god.] I look forward to seeing the future episode and more funny scenes. The funniest so far is when nagi and the male protagonist were eating bread and he said he liked big boobs and nagi told him to go back to planet tits, LOL!!
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:46 am Reply with quote
jetz wrote:
It was only the ED for the first episode. The actual ED is kind of boring, to be honest Anime smile + sweatdrop

Oh, my bad. I only watched as far as ep 1. Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8