• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ADV Films to Distribute Princess Resurrection Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:21 pm Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
It's "fuga".

Can also be "huga" since the pronunciation can really be either way.
leftbehindxp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad that ADV are getting some new stuff. I just watched the intro on youtube and it looked great and sounded cool.

I hope ADV gets back on its feet and is stable, they were my favorite company not that long ago Sad
narutoismybrother

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:50 pm Reply with quote
This was the one anime I absolutely detested. ADV wants to sell the product in singles instead of in boxsets?? God bless em. They would make more money in boxsets because people would be buying 13 episodes and throwing the dvds away instead of buying 4 episodes and throwing them out the window.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Well, seems ADV learnt bugger all from imploding the last time...
Super_Vegeta

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Sounds pretty interesting, I might pick it up if it gets a boxset. I don't do singles.
magicalgirlj

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:02 pm Reply with quote
yikes with six singles and tame compared to the manga, I will pass on the anime. the manga is better
Tyrenol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:09 pm Reply with quote
@ "Snickering Fat Guy"

Quote:
Well, the title's cool for one thing. I've got resurrection on my mind a lot these days! But seriously, TBS is a great partner to work with, and Princess Resurrection is a show with lots of action, cool characters, and let's face it — it's a cool plot.

The male lead is PUSSY. And the show, as well as the manga, is not funny at all. (Yet another series that's only "cool" when it's h-doujin. And I've seen only a few based on this one.)

So yeah. Since when did "first impressions" stopped being important? Sad
bleuster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Tyrenol, I'm sorry, but I have to disagree on your entire statement. Especially, the doujins being cooler.

But, that is your opinion and you have every right to it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
abstract-alchemist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Has ADV not been paying attention?

First of all, this really isn't something that's going to sell here. It seems a little too "blah, I've seen this before", or mediocre at best. Honestly, ADV can't afford to release mediocre titles anymore; and trying to do over 6 dvds is crazy to boot.

The best way, if they're going to go through with this, is go what I call the Nozomi/Bandai/Media Blasters route, 13 episode box set, subtitle only, bare bones. No one who'll buy this series is going to watch or even care about the dub.

This is why ADV is slipping; licensing shows that are mediocre at best, then making them too expensive for anime fans to buy. Bandai had the better idea with Code Geass, and I think Bandai could have gotten away with the 6 disc release with such a popular title. But they don't and good for them for making 13 episodes. ADV needs to take a look at the "new" forms of distribution and pay attention to the market, or they'll never recover.
Agoston

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Mm, I usually call this "Monster Princess" instead. The op and ed music is really good, I watched an episode or two. Never got into the show itself though..
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:45 am Reply with quote
Hooray.

Worse than manga is acceptable, so long as it is not a complete abomination. Though I will withhold judgment on buying singles or sets until they throw it up for preview ... unless they listen to abstract-alchemist and go sub-only. Then pass. I've read it once before, thanks.
joshuafer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Actually, I plan on buying it, but only if it has an english dub. So saying people do not care about the dub is incorrect. I do not want this to turn into a sub vs dub debate, it is just that I watch dubbed anime. I am reading the manga, and it is fairly amusing, although a little more plot development would be nice. Madhouse usually does a good job, I am definitely a fan of them.

Oh, and did I get robbed ? My Code Geass set 1 only has 9 episodes, 2 disks. Not 13. I am pretty sure they also divided Gurren Lagann up in to 3 parts, as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2