• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - New Annuals

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:27 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
I actually did wanna check out the TG-16, but that thing was overpriced and, unlike the SEGA CD, lacking in eye-grabbing games

I liked the TG-16. I honestly thought it was a very underrated system. It is also said that it arguably didn't hit its full stride until it came out with its CD accessory.

You can find some info on it and its game library on these sites:

PC Engine FX
PC Engine Software Bible
Paul Soth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Also, Katawa Shoujo came out today. If this is a good thing or a bad thing, I guess that depends on how cynical you are.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:19 am Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist wrote:
But it hasn't been excluded. Tons of anime inspired games have been shown, and both the examples you mentioned have been part of past columns. He may not have reviewed the games you mentioned, but he only gives full length reviews to a small number of games each year.

Well I would have still liked to see something more than just "These games are coming out." Especially when games like those won't get reviewed by other gaming websites. As of this post I've only seen a review of Corpse Party on Blistered Thumbs.

While at the end of the day I don't need to see reviews since I've played and enjoyed both games, but I'd still like to see them get the spotlight.

Paul Soth wrote:
Also, Katawa Shoujo came out today. If this is a good thing or a bad thing, I guess that depends on how cynical you are.

Finally. Thanks for the heads up Smile
White Lightning Alchemist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:43 am Reply with quote
Well hopefully I'll be getting one of these overlooked games for my birthday Friday (Solatorobo specifically).
Nagi21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:00 am Reply with quote
All the overlooked games were on portables except for El Shaddai, which wasn't that great imo compared to the rest of the list once you got past the crazy visuals.

Consoles need to step it up.
DJcream

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:20 am Reply with quote
Paul Soth wrote:
I'm taking a break from playing through that.

Something to keep an eye on is Fortune Summoners, the latest outing for Carpe Fulgar (Recettear). The demo is out and the release is comin' soon this month...
http://indiegames.com/2012/01/carpe_fulgur_releases_fortune_.html
Kyosuke_

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Aw man, that sucks about Hudson Ent. I grew up and enjoyed the heck out of Adventure Island, which I was never able to beat. It was one of the first NES games I played. I also remember playing 4-player Bomberman with my friends in high school. And the Turbografx, some memorable games on that system. Nice wave of nostalgia thinking about these games.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2