• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Tsubasa DVD 7-9

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ConanSan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:23 am Reply with quote
pparker wrote:
Conan-san wrote:
You say that it changed the direction for the worst, I'd say it actauly added direction, the series was going no where in no given hurry with those clowns at BeeTrain.

Oh, I wasn't defending Bee Train's treatment, which I acknowledged is definitely inferior overall to Production IG. The ending they made up for season 2 was certainly inferior to CLAMP's Tokyo arc. My comment was on the direction taken by the manga itself and which was faithfully represented in Revelations. To be fair, Bee Train's divergence from the manga was based on a decision that the Tokyo arc could not have been shown on broadcast TV without drastic edits, thus likely enraging the fans. The content of the Revelations OVA (and its release in that format) seems to support this viewpoint.
That said, BeeTrain were making a mess of Tsubasa long before Tokyo even became a concideration.

They seemed to think it was another .hack series where you could have talking heads and such and next to no action. That's crystal clear in the second arc (Heishou? The one with the gang war) which was a clear homage to the likes of JoJo's Bizare Adventure in the manga where as in the anime, they decided the best course of action was to have Sakura break a whole lot of rules in regard to her condition.

BeeTrain's treatment of the anime overall was horendous.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2