• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Xam'd: Lost Memories Blu-Ray

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redranger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:22 pm Reply with quote
This is honestly one of the worst animes I've ever seen. The story was completely and utterly retarded. Reminds of eureka seven. There are no words strong enough to describe how bad it is. GARBAGE.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:24 pm Reply with quote
I really, really liked this series, from beginning to end, even when it was a little confusing.

I'm gonna need to revisit it sometime
shukero

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Well That makes me sad! I saw the summary and it sounds like an interesting story, but if it does indeed jump all over the place, then I can't watch it cause that stupid makes me go ape sh** crazy xD
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:52 pm Reply with quote
redranger wrote:
This is honestly one of the worst animes I've ever seen. The story was completely and utterly retarded. Reminds of eureka seven. There are no words strong enough to describe how bad it is. GARBAGE.

Funny thing is, you need words to have an opinion. If you had sad that about Madoka, you'd be dead.
Joe Carpenter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:57 pm Reply with quote
man, this sounds like one of the weirdest animes in years, I still don't really understand what even the basic plot is supposed to be

the vague impression I'm getting is that it's Eureka Seven if it were directed by David Lynch (and Eureka Seven was a pretty weird series to begin with)
Shenl742

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Joe Carpenter wrote:
man, this sounds like one of the weirdest animes in years, I still don't really understand what even the basic plot is supposed to be

the vague impression I'm getting is that it's Eureka Seven if it were directed by David Lynch (and Eureka Seven was a pretty weird series to begin with)

I'd say it's more Guyver meets Nausicaa, with Eureka 7's design aesthetic.

It gets really esoteric by the end, but I really didn't find it all THAT weird.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:42 am Reply with quote
This show would have benefited greatly from a bit of editing. Subtracting some plot lines would have left more time to really develop the better one. Overall, I thought the first half was pretty good, but the second ended as a disappointment.

Seeing this review come up does have me rather excited for that new Eureka Seven that is in the works.
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:20 am Reply with quote
Joe Carpenter wrote:

Not even close. It's like Eureka Seven if it had fewer episodes, fewer orphans, less crying, and better production values.
noigeL

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 am Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
This show would have benefited greatly from a bit of editing. Subtracting some plot lines would have left more time to really develop the better one. Overall, I thought the first half was pretty good, but the second ended as a disappointment.

Agreed. Xam'd is a 52 episode series crammed inside 26 episodes so none of the plotlines develop and conclude in a satisfying way.

Great music, through.
Mawdryn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:42 am Reply with quote
Whenever you start messing around with metaphysics and existentalism, even to the small degree that Xam'd does, it'll either genius, confusing but cool, or a total mess.

I think Xam'd fits in all three categories. I personally liked the series a lot, although I've only seen the dub. It does have the kind of ending that makes you ask later "Um, what just happened there?" I'd recommend it to folks who liked Eureka Seven or RahXephon--shows with multiple subplots and a wide range of characters that seem to be going somewhere, but you're not sure where.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2