• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Movies on Cartoon Network

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Angel Lily wrote:
I can't wait for the Inu-Yasha movies both night I'm going to drink a lot of Pepsi. That way I can watch it.

What time is your bedtime? Neutral
CrackaJax

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:52 pm Reply with quote
So much soda might make you have to go to the bathroom more often. You'd better hope for a lot of commercial breaks, then.
Proman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:08 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Gonna be tough to air the Bebop movie uncut, even on Adult Swim. Wonder how they're gonna handle the Twin Tower similarities for it and Metropolis.

That would be very sad (but you are probably right). However, that movie is so tame say should just show it uncut.
Ignition

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Animefreak08 wrote:
ping wrote:
Because pepsi is the key to staying up late....... Confused
And Adult Swim isn't on THAT late...

It is if you watch it twice
deathbringer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:45 pm Reply with quote
I've got interesting news, bad news(or good news, depending on how you look at it.) and worse news.

Don't shoot the messenger on this one, ok?

The Super Milk-Chan Show premieres Sunday, November 7, at 12:30 a.m. to begin its Sunday night run. Adult Swim will not be airing the Americanized version, but rather the straight dub of the Japanese version.

*The anime movie Metropolis will kick-start a new year of Saturdays on January 1 at midnight.

*InuYasha premieres will move to weeknights at 12:30 a.m. beginning Monday, January 4.

*Fullmetal Alchemist will now premiere on Saturday, January 8, at midnight where it will begin its Saturday run.

In case you didn't know, FMA getting pushed back is the worse news. Super Milk Chan is the bad/good news. The other stuff is just interesting.
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:32 pm Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:

What time is your bedtime? Neutral

School sucks for us youngin's.

Angel Lily wrote:
I can't wait for the Inu-Yasha movies both night I'm going to drink a lot of Pepsi. That way I can watch it.

If you need caffine, Pepsi won't do you crap. It'll just make you need to use the bathroom a lot.

I'd suggest Mountain Dew, or some energy drink or coffee. However, if you do the energy drink or coffee, there's no turning back for the rest of the night. =/
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Aw man, I liked it better when the new episodes of Inuyasha were on Saturday. Now that it's on weeknights again they'll go by a lot quicker. I liked it much better at once a week.
Anti-Mainstreamist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Romuska wrote:
Aw man, I liked it better when the new episodes of Inuyasha were on Saturday. Now that it's on weeknights again they'll go by a lot quicker. I liked it much better at once a week.

Yeah, I know. Sure, it will be good for a while, but we'll soon be out of new episodes to air, and then have to wait months for a fresh set to be dubbed.
Realfolkblues

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:28 pm Reply with quote
wdcahn wrote:
Nagisa wrote:
Why would the opening scene be edited?

Read the quote I posted above and replace the word "crap" with its coarser four-letter counterpart. It's a minor edit that's even done to the Bebop TV series, but I'm pretty sure that's what Realfolkblues was referring to.

Yes, that's what I was reffering to.

thecactusman17 wrote:
I assumed that the line he was referring to was 'I love a woman who can kick my @$$.'

Edit: Sorry, that line doesn't appear till the middle. Oh well, that's another great line that's going to get edited.

*ahem*She...And yes, that is a great line but AS won't edit that.
Swordfish_II

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:41 pm Reply with quote
They have since updated this info:

FMA will premiere November 6th at midnight.

Inuyasha premieres begin December 22nd.
Zack26
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:20 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Gonna be tough to air the Bebop movie uncut, even on Adult Swim. Wonder how they're gonna handle the Twin Tower similarities for it and Metropolis.

Eh, I've already seen the CB movie. And it was really good. And I've seen Metropolis as well. But movies I'd like to seee the most are the two Inu Yasha movies Very Happy
thecactusman17

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:43 am Reply with quote
You credited the wrong person in your quote.

/continue discussion

What Twin Tower analogies exist in Cowbot Bebop: The Movie? Perhaps claiming that it does deal with terrorist activities would be a more accurate description? I recall no large buildings being destroyed, intentionally or otherwise, during the film. Only three episodes from the original series (to my recollection) ever dealt with large-scale damage being done to civilian buildings: the final episode (where a bottom floor appears to be blown out in a climatic fight), the episode with the teddy-bear terrorist, and an early episode where two errant missles strike buildings. Seeing as those are nowviewable in the Adult Swim series, I see no reason to expect the handful of scenes of public destruction in the movie to be edited.
the_soultaker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:12 am Reply with quote
Iv'e seen both Movies(Cowboy Bebop/Metropolis) on DVD and on the Starz channel(s) So it's "been there,done that" for me. As for Inyusha, I haven't seen any of the episodes/Movies as of yet. Someone told me that it was a Tenchi kind of series.

There's a simple solution as opposed to staying up late in order to watch said AS Movies; Program your VCR,TIVO or DVDR.
It's that simple, and it's a better altenative than downing Pepsis or Mountain Dews. (However the Code Red soda, isn't half bad. Cool )
KiraYamatoX06

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:20 pm Reply with quote
The Bebop movie was an obvious choice as well as the InuYasha movies. Metropolis is rather unexpected.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2