• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Funimation: Heads Up: New Show A-Go-Go Starts Monday

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magicalgirlj

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:06 pm Reply with quote
I am hoping for katekyo hitman reborn
LordPrometheus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Nebs wrote:
Clues abound on the Funimation website. If you don't want to go on a scavanger hunt to find them all, I gathered all the clues & my conclusions here:

http://nebs66.livejournal.com/843652.html

spoiler[Vandread, Soul Eater, & Evangelion] look to be sure things.

I hope to all things holy that you are correct about spoiler[Rebuild of Evangelion]. That would make my entire year.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Guys in AnimeOnDVD forums are in the process of figuring out the clues:

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?t=89064&page=29

...and they're pretty plausible if I say so myself.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:47 pm Reply with quote
I'm worried that out of the shows that were C+D a few months back, Seto No Hanayome hasn't gotten a confirm in regards to licencing.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:22 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping for Kamichama Karin.
AirCooledMan_2006

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:29 pm Reply with quote
bci110 wrote:
Nebs wrote:
Clues abound on the Funimation website. If you don't want to go on a scavanger hunt to find them all, I gathered all the clues & my conclusions here:

Clue 1: spoiler[Vandread]
Clue 2: spoiler[Gad Guard]
Clue 3: spoiler[Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo]
Clue 4: spoiler[Last Exile]
Clue 5: no idea
Clue 6: spoiler[Soul Eater]
Clue 7: spoiler[Evangelion Rebuild movies]
Clue 8: spoiler[Dokkoida?!]

I hope you're correct about Gankutsuou, Last Exile, and Vandread.

Of course, they also need to get Girls Bravo, Kannazuki No Miko, Bastard!!, Fushigi Yuugi (Considering that Solid Snake is in it), Fighting Spirit, L/R: Licensed by Royalty, Trigun, Serial Experiments Lain (I still need to get vol. 4, but if FUNi or someone else rescues it and does a cheap box set, I'll still be able to finish it), Gungrave, El Hazard, Samurai Champloo (I may already have it, but you still never want to see a show go out of print), DearS, and Chobits.

But why stop with former Geneon shows? There's also some old Manga Entertainment, Urban Vision, Tokyopop, and CPM titles that could use some rescuing.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Calculusman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:15 pm Reply with quote
AirCooledMan_2006 wrote:
bci110 wrote:
Nebs wrote:

Of course, they also need to get Girls Bravo, Kannazuki No Miko, Bastard!!, Fushigi Yuugi (Considering that Solid Snake is in it), Fighting Spirit, L/R: Licensed by Royalty, Trigun, Serial Experiments Lain (I still need to get vol. 4, but if FUNi or someone else rescues it and does a cheap box set, I'll still be able to finish it), Gungrave, El Hazard, Samurai Champloo (I may already have it, but you still never want to see a show go out of print), DearS, and Chobits.

But why stop with former Geneon shows? There's also some old Manga Entertainment, Urban Vision, Tokyopop, and CPM titles that could use some rescuing.

You forgot Ai Yori Aoshi, Stellvia, X, and Haibane Renmei.
Precis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
I'd love to see Kaiba licensed, but I don't think FUNi would take a chance with it. Seems more like a Geneon title, but sadly, they're not around anymore to pick up the seinen titles.

This.

I would absolutely love to own a nice shiny Kaiba boxset. Unfortunately, I don't see FUNi picking it up anytime soon. Anime cry
bci110

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:28 pm Reply with quote
AirCooledMan_2006 wrote:
bci110 wrote:
Nebs wrote:

We'll find out for sure come Monday, but I'm pretty confident that these three are among the ten.

But then again I already own Gankutsuou, Last Exile, and Vandread so it doesn't matter to me, but good for those that didn't get them the first time around.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:22 pm Reply with quote
bci110 wrote:
AirCooledMan_2006 wrote:
bci110 wrote:
Nebs wrote:

We'll find out for sure come Monday, but I'm pretty confident that these three are among the ten.

But then again I already own Gankutsuou, Last Exile, and Vandread so it doesn't matter to me, but good for those that didn't get them the first time around.

Indeed, I've wanted to buy Last Exile and Vandread, this would make it quite easy. And of course, Soul Eater and Eva 1.0 getting licensed would be SWEET.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Who cares if they're grabbing Last Exile, you can buy the entire show for less than $6 a disk right now. Ohhh wow, they'll make some fancy freaking box and call it a rescue, big whoop. If they do that with Gankutusuou however, it would be nice, assuming it were waaaaay cheaper.

Anyway, most of those rescues are still available for purchase off places like Rightstuf, but them being older titles should mean they won't sell as well.

Quote:
Indeed, I've wanted to buy Last Exile and Vandread, this would make it quite easy. And of course, Soul Eater and Eva 1.0 getting licensed would be SWEET.

It doesn't get much cheaper than this: http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/H110eq3u8seZJdbBn6/browse/search/5/4/0/0/results/desc/asc/50/1

About Soul Eater, the show is getting close to done airing, so flinging those C&D's would be nearly pointless at this rate, considering they'd only be selling the show in a boxset with 13 episodes AT MOST, and that would at least be a like nine months off, well after the show ends.

As for Eva, I can't see it being for all the movies at once, and that's not usually how the Japanese would conduct business anyway, so it'll just be for the first one.
Kelly

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Since the first Tsubasa box came out recently, I wonder if one of the 10 could be Tokyo Revelations. I can't imagine them not picking it up since they licensed the whole series unless there are issues we don't know about. At any rate, I'd be fairly surprised if we don't get at least an announcement within a year unless there's something really wrong.
Xanas

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:37 pm Reply with quote
I have a feeling there will be at least 2 licenses that will make me super happy. Maybe... just hoping it'll be 3. Soul Eater I know nothing about, and there is possibilities in AOD mentioned that it could mean Spice & Wolf, which I would strongly like to see licensed.

I don't see any likelihood of new shows being licensed based on the hints, but I would love to hear about Toradora or To Aru Majutsu no Index being licensed.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:05 am Reply with quote
HELL YEAH! SOUL EATER! we knew it was coming, but now it's confirmed.

i'm 100% certain the Snowman clue is "OH! Edo Rocket".
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:05 am Reply with quote
Quote:
New Show A-Go-Go

So.. they've licensed Batfink?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5