• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Heavy Object

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:59 pm Reply with quote
animechic420 wrote:
Coyote Ragtime Show had a group of android assassins called The Twelve Sisters. Eleven out of twelve of them wore maid outfits.

Nice! Just loaded up the thread to mention them, glad more people saw that fun show. Smile
chex mix

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:48 am Reply with quote
DangerMouse wrote:
animechic420 wrote:
Coyote Ragtime Show had a group of android assassins called The Twelve Sisters. Eleven out of twelve of them wore maid outfits.

Nice! Just loaded up the thread to mention them, glad more people saw that fun show. Smile

Same here. Clearly more people remember that show than anticipated. The loli battle maid squad was legit the best thing in that show.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:33 pm Reply with quote
animechic420 wrote:

Heavy Object has plenty more maids to roll out. Later on there is an entire spoiler[battleship full of them.]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:22 am Reply with quote
took a break from this series after the battle with ohohoho girl, but now is the time to catch up, battle maids ftw Smile

and yes coyote ragtime show is definitely remember by more than a few people, although the maids are probably a large part of that

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:13 pm Reply with quote
aaaand caught up heh

love Satomi Arai as the head combat maid, been a while since I heard her Kuroko voice
Wrangler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:54 pm Reply with quote
That angry head Maid bit was pretty funny. Thou i think Qwenthur needs to watch his back about this one. The Maids may shift once their paid in next episode.

I do expect that Qwenthur going to get into a lot of trouble when his commanding officer finds out he had all those diamonds.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:55 am Reply with quote
So exactly how many woman does Quenser have hanging on to him now?

Princess
Froletia
Ohoho
Head Combat Maid
The oversight officer

Poor Heivia just gets abused, although he does have his fiance heh.

Anyway, the fight with the 7 objects seemed a tad too simplistic, I was hoping for the princess to have a chance to shine but I suppose the whole point of the series is to show how they are able to take down objects without other objects.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:19 am Reply with quote
Ep 22 review wrote:
It lacks some of the explosive punch of the show's Object-against-Object battles, but it's fun to watch the team annoy their enemies to death with little remote-controlled toys.

I am not so sure its lack is from the lack of fireworks going off. Twice (or more?) Qwenthur is in the direct line of fire and targeted and shot at by an Object and manages to survive. Except for the last shot it wasn't a victory so much as a spectacle of a really stupid enemy's bluff imploding on itself.

And talk about stupid. The entire enemy infantry gets immolated by its own Object. The reason given is that the "AI" is too simplistic and can be fooled. Seriously I think it would have taken maybe a 10 line Python script that could have stopped that from happening.

So although I am always happy to have our boys win and Qwynthur pick up yet another hen for his hen house it wasn't really all that satisfying.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Given typical gunpla scales and the relative size of Objects to Gundams, I'd say any plastic models would be around 1/200th (about 10 inches) or 1/250th (about 8 inches). No less than 1/300th, which would be less than 6 inches. Not sure how much interest there would be in such things. They don't really seem to be designed with merchandising in mind.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:17 pm Reply with quote
It looks like Heavy Object's going for an anime-original ending, which is fine by me. Volume 4's not bad at all, but it wouldn't make a good three episode finale.

Here's to hoping that whatever Kamachi writes for the anime finale is a hit. It's fun to not know what's going to come next.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:43 pm Reply with quote
I thought it was amusing to hear the Lt. Colonel and the top maid chat because the Lt. Colonel's VA is Mikoto and the top maid's VA is Kuroko.

#844391 wrote:
Anyway, the fight with the 7 objects seemed a tad too simplistic, I was hoping for the princess to have a chance to shine but I suppose the whole point of the series is to show how they are able to take down objects without other objects.

Well or them making up for the difference between a first gen object and a second gen object. She does get some chances to really show off, but that just isn't in the first 3 volumes.

FilthyCasual wrote:
It looks like Heavy Object's going for an anime-original ending, which is fine by me. Volume 4's not bad at all, but it wouldn't make a good three episode finale.

Here's to hoping that whatever Kamachi writes for the anime finale is a hit. It's fun to not know what's going to come next.

Certainly seems that way. Assuming it isn't bad, I'd rather them do that than try to rush through something to cram it in.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:55 am Reply with quote
thanks to guardians of the galaxy, which I did not watch, that made people with a similar (but opossite) cognition disease be more known; which makes the current plot device pretty plausible.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:35 pm Reply with quote
I was pretty disappointed with this episode. There was just so much wrong with what happened.

Qwenthur and Havia had 2 chances to completely stop Flide and a third to at least take him with them that they completely ignored. They saw his connection outside the house and could have unplugged / destroyed it. Havia could have easily shot him before he finished. A rifle bullet would have easily destroyed those cuffs and allowed them to take Flide with them.

Then there is the hacking. Not possible. Blatantly breaks an explicitly stated rule. Objects perfectly block all outside signals except a select few comms devices which run on a totally separate system. There is absolutely no way he could have actually caused the systems in the cockpit to entirely turn off.

I'm willing to buy the princess being vulnerable to something like that, but the way he hacked the object to do it isn't possible based on the series own explicitly stated rules.
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:37 pm Reply with quote
^
I'm not sure Flide hacked anything except:
1) The comms systems, in order to display a very special transmission.
2) Milinda, who is not perfectly isolated from the comms systems.

I may be mis-remembering, but I don't recall any other elements of the Object being impacted.
D00dleB0Y

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:22 pm Reply with quote
I honestly dislike the show. It had a "bad guy of the week" format with only four regularly appearing characters. The main protagonist kept being put into the frontlines with each mission and kept surviving miraculous events. The fan service was way too over the top and even forced at times. I especially remember the Qwenthur boob grabbing moment. That was a double face palm moment for me.

4/10 series would not recommend. It is a big let down compared to A Certain Magical Index which I honestly loved.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 12