• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Heroman (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Divineking

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:47 pm Reply with quote
I agree that episode 22 was a VERY touching episode and it proves that despite some disbelief, Stan Lee still clearly knows what he's doing and the story is pretty well executed. As a whole this series is a really fun ride, and it's surprisingly become one of my top animes of 2010.

I've been debating for a while who should dub it since Disney has apparently NOT claimed rights to it as Bones apparently displayed a test dub at AX. I would honestly like to see a Bang Zoom dub, so we can get union actors and of course, to get Stan Lee to voice his character. So I think either Viz or Bandai should take a crack at it...
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:00 pm Reply with quote
There's running theory now, that Heroman is the spirit of Joey's dad. Not sure how I feel about that.

Btw, there's a trailer out for the final arc. Looks like this is where the budget went:

Warning spoilers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNlMtOtIaCA
drdr48

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:46 am Reply with quote
Dumb ending.

You know, I really liked the show, but the end was stupid (not to say cliché).

spoiler[Joey was a pretty likeable guy at first, but at the end all I wanted was to smack him in the face! He was so annoying! ("Heroman! you're my hero Heroman!", "You're my Heroman, Heroman!"... dear God! :-/).
Also, I really liked Kogor, he was an intelligent villain. I really hoped he would win at the end, actually.

Oh, and... What the hell happened to Will!? They just completely forgot about him in the end.. :-/]

Last edited by drdr48 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Divineking

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:08 am Reply with quote
Final episode was pretty epic. Some parts were glossed over a bit too much, but it all came together relatively well. I expected the expliantion for Heroman's existance to be a Deus Ex Machina so the bit at the end wasn't really graiting. I also feel that spoiler[Will could have gotten some decent closure].

Howeverspoiler[that Dr. Minami teaser at the end] has me praying for a second season. Should happen whenever the series manages to get dubbed here.[/spoiler]
drdr48

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:42 am Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:

Howeverspoiler[that Dr. Minami teaser at the end] has me praying for a second season. Should happen whenever the series manages to get dubbed here.[/spoiler]

It's Bones, there will never be a second season.. ("Darker than black" was an exception).
Divineking

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:57 am Reply with quote
drdr48 wrote:
Divineking wrote:

It's Bones, there will never be a second season.. ("Darker than black" was an exception).

You can't say for certain. Stan Lee is co-producing the project, so if it's dubbed over in the US and does well enough(which I have little reason to doubt), it's not entirely out of the question for him to push for a Season 2(of course there's no guarantee that Bones would animate it).
garfield15

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Bones hasn't needed to make a second season (and why does DtB not count?)

So how does Heroman end?

spoiler[Well, Joey becomes some combination of Naota when he went all Pirate King Atomsk and a Xam'd (thereby being both a Gainax and a Bones reference), Heroman stops him in a kinda yaoi/kinda awesome moment and they use Spiral Power to make a Kamehameha shoot out of Heroman's "O" pose to pierce the heavens (no, seriously).

Oh, and probably Season 2.]

I liked this show. It seems to be one of those shows that would work well dubbed.
drdr48

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:32 pm Reply with quote
garfield15 wrote:

Because it was the only time they made a second season, and it was because of DtB popularity that they did it..

Heroman doesn't have such an amount of fans and from what I've seen most of those who started it dropped it and the reaction to it in the forums and blogs isn't so great, either..

I also heard the ratings wasn't particularly high in Japan.
garfield15

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:47 pm Reply with quote
drdr48 wrote:
garfield15 wrote:

Because it was the only time they made a second season, and it was because of DtB popularity that they did it..

Okay, that doesn't make any sense.

You just said Bones hasn't made a second season...but then you know of a show that made a second season...but that doesn't count....because the first one was popular.

Uh, hey, that's why they make sequels.
drdr48

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:01 pm Reply with quote
garfield15 wrote:
drdr48 wrote:
garfield15 wrote:

Okay, that doesn't make any sense.

You just said Bones hasn't made a second season...but then you know of a show that made a second season...but that doesn't count....because the first one was popular.

Uh, hey, that's why they make sequels.

Bones are usually do long series when they are aiming for something long term that should be popular, and they don't like to do their series a second seasons.

DtB is the only case they made a second season because it was very short, yet gained alot of fans and associated products (Like Manga and other stuff..) which been very successful, too.

And again, Heroman hadn't gained enough popularity to earn a second season..
garfield15

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:07 pm Reply with quote
drdr48 wrote:

Bones are usually do long series when they are aiming for something long term that should be popular, and they don't like to do their series a second seasons.

DtB is the only case they made a second season because it was very short, yet gained alot of fans and associated products (Like Manga and other stuff..) which been very successful, too.

Okay, but that's still not explaining why DtB doesn't count as a sequel..when it is a sequel...that you just admitted was a sequel.
drdr48

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:16 pm Reply with quote
garfield15 wrote:
drdr48 wrote:

Okay, but that's still not explaining why DtB doesn't count as a sequel..when it is a sequel...that you just admitted was a sequel.

I didn't say it doesn't count as a sequel, I just explained why it got a sequel, why it was an exceptional case and why I don't think Heroman will ever get a sequel.

But I could be wrong, of course. Nothing is certain..
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:51 am Reply with quote
I thought the ending was awesome, my only complaints were a couple of moments of Heroman holding Joey (a bit too yaoi like) and the whole thing about spoiler[them telling Joey to not sacrafice himself like they knew there was another except it may have been the only way.]

Well Joey got one amazing part, that glove part from the preview made Joey look both unstable and wicked. Although the final part was amazing I guess I am just a fan of Joey doing the "HEROMAN - GO(blast, attack etc)" parts, and I have enjoyed Heroman much more then I thought I would.

I want another season, well first I would like to see this dubbed, it would be interesting to see how it would be done. But a sequel is something I want, I don't care if some are saying that Bones doesn't make sequels, the ending had a to be continued with spoiler[Dr. Minami freed] I would like to see it continued.
Eivion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:49 pm Reply with quote
I loved the final arc. You had plenty of cool action and some nice drama. Only wish Will's story was resolved. I loved the teaser at the end and hope they manage another season.
Divineking

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:31 pm Reply with quote
drdr48 wrote:
garfield15 wrote:
drdr48 wrote:

I didn't say it doesn't count as a sequel, I just explained why it got a sequel, why it was an exceptional case and why I don't think Heroman will ever get a sequel.

But I could be wrong, of course. Nothing is certain..

Remember that Heroman was originally meant to be pitched to both Japanese and American audiences. If it does well here, Stan Lee may fund a second season. It;s not the first time something like that has happened. Sonic X and Bakugan recieved further seasons due to US popularity. The same thing can happen for Heroman.

Plus there's plently of material for a Season 2.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 13