• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:39 am Reply with quote
Fog only takes a few seconds to happen granted proper conditions. If the area that's too hot and with plenty of moisture suddenly got hit by cold air the vaporised water becomes visible forming a fog. Like car windshields on winter.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:02 am Reply with quote
@ DP: Totality lasts from about 2 to 7 minutes, but from beginning to end of a total eclipse is about 3 hours, but the main period of significantly reduced sunlight is about 90 min. So I'd say a magic sudden reduction of heat would be a very different set of circumstances. Smile

The closer to the ground you measure, the bigger the temperature drop you see, which explains the 9.7 reading at 0.13 meters. This occurred about 5 minutes after mid-eclipse. That's almost 2° a minute, and we've already established that with the right relationship between air temperature, humidity and dew point, that's more than enough to raise a fog.

@ meiam: It doesn't use hand-wavy science, and I'm a bit disappointed that you won't actually read what I've provided for you. Your criticisms of the paper are as unfounded as your criticisms of the anime. It's not vague, the photos tell you what time they were taken, the caption tells you the time in relation to the eclipse. The table tells you when each eclipse occurred, the time after midpoint the readings were taken, the elevation they were taken at and the weather conditions, as well as references if you want to learn more. I don't know what more you want, but I'm not wasting any more time on something we both agree isn't even applicable to the situation in the anime.
meiam

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

@ meiam: It doesn't use hand-wavy science, and I'm a bit disappointed that you won't actually read what I've provided for you. Your criticisms of the paper are as unfounded as your criticisms of the anime. It's not vague, the photos tell you what time they were taken, the caption tells you the time in relation to the eclipse. The table tells you when each eclipse occurred, the time after midpoint the readings were taken, the elevation they were taken at and the weather conditions, as well as references if you want to learn more. I don't know what more you want, but I'm not wasting any more time on something we both agree isn't even applicable to the situation in the anime.

The photo are taken are apart by what seems like 106 minute (and the second one is 25 minute after eclipse happen), it does mention fog appearing but that's a very large window. As far as the 9.7 decrease, if you look into the reference the decrease happened over an hour, just like I used to obtain the 0.15 per minute.

Yes fog can happen very quickly, that's why the term flash fog exist, but there is no cold air present in the anime to create it. All that happen is that the amount of sunlight received by the area suddenly decrease, the heat that was stored in the air as a results of the magically induced increase in sunlight does not vanish, it has to be slowly transferred to the colder air surrounding the region, without wind this is a very slow process. If wind is involved, it would carry the humidity out of the area, returning humidity level to normal just as fast as the temperature would drop. In either case no flash fog would be created.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Whilst the discussion on the mechanics of mist and fog formation is ongoing, a question for those who HAVE read the source material.

Prior to the Sun Saint using her powers, what kind of habitat are we talking about for the peninsula in question? The party had to pass through jungle on the way to the forest, but the flora and fauna in the immediate area around the temple includes mangrove swamp and temperate forest. I don't recall offhand if the area they're in is of any considerable elevation either.
maxwell3094

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
Whilst the discussion on the mechanics of mist and fog formation is ongoing, a question for those who HAVE read the source material.

Prior to the Sun Saint using her powers, what kind of habitat are we talking about for the peninsula in question? The party had to pass through jungle on the way to the forest, but the flora and fauna in the immediate area around the temple includes mangrove swamp and temperate forest. I don't recall offhand if the area they're in is of any considerable elevation either.

spoiler[Unknown. Im nearly positive it wasn't mentioned at all in the LN aside from what this episode said about the sea breeze or whatever. Even if im remembering wrong and it was mentioned elsewhere it certainly didn't go into detail on it.]
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:

No, we're not going there (at least not in this forum). I've spoiler-tagged maxwell3094's post; but if there are anymore references to the source material, then those posts will get deleted. That's final -- we've been getting complaints about people spoilering things, and I have, quite frankly, had enough of this. If you really do have a burning desire to discuss the source materials, then do so in the appropriate forum.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:04 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Yes fog can happen very quickly, that's why the term flash fog exist, but there is no cold air present in the anime to create it. All that happen is that the amount of sunlight received by the area suddenly decrease, the heat that was stored in the air as a results of the magically induced increase in sunlight does not vanish, it has to be slowly transferred to the colder air surrounding the region, without wind this is a very slow process. If wind is involved, it would carry the humidity out of the area, returning humidity level to normal just as fast as the temperature would drop. In either case no flash fog would be created.

What! Seriously?

They are right on the ocean which often have strong winds coming in from over the ocean. Do you know that is how humidity works, or are you just assuming based off of your understanding that might not be based on as much professional logic as you might think? I can say with some certainty that a cool breeze coming into a high humidity area is a thing, and humidity is usually built over a long period of time unless you get sudden rain in a particularly hot area.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:50 am Reply with quote
I can't believe we've gone three-ish pages about the plausibility of fog rising in a determinate area in a series where a child can vomit a swamp and there's a three-winged fedora-wearing demon. We should hold some "Most inane discussion Award" for these forums just so I could nominate this one
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:15 am Reply with quote
maxwell3094 wrote:

spoiler[Unknown. Im nearly positive it wasn't mentioned at all in the LN aside from what this episode said about the sea breeze or whatever. Even if im remembering wrong and it was mentioned elsewhere it certainly didn't go into detail on it.]

{No, we're not going there in this forum. Period. End of story. ~nobahn}
maxwell3094

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:09 pm Reply with quote
nobahn wrote:

No, we're not going there (at least not in this forum). I've spoiler-tagged maxwell3094's post; but if there are anymore references to the source material, then those posts will get deleted. That's final -- we've been getting complaints about people spoilering things, and I have, quite frankly, had enough of this. If you really do have a burning desire to discuss the source materials, then do so in the appropriate forum.

Id just like to make clear that I've been very careful so far regarding this series and nothing I've posted has had any real relation to the mystery. All I've done is help clarify some things and even then I've yet to post something regarding a point in the LN that the anime hasn't reached yet. That's all I wanted to add and if you still want to consider what I've said so far as spoilers than so be it.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:16 pm Reply with quote
maxwell3094 wrote:

Id just like to make clear that I've been very careful so far regarding this series and nothing I've posted has had any real relation to the mystery. All I've done is help clarify some things and even then I've yet to post something regarding a point in the LN that the anime hasn't reached yet. That's all I wanted to add and if you still want to consider what I've said so far as spoilers than so be it.

The dictator has made his point and all guests on this forum either obey or get banned permanently.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:

The dictator has made his point and all guests on this forum either obey or get banned permanently.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
I like your sense of humor! Very Happy
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:17 am Reply with quote
Personally I find it easy to accept that the idea that an area that had been changed artificially through magical means would immediately revert to its natural state when said magic influence was removed.

Anyways, the more I think about it the more convinced I am that I should put my money on Goldov. I doubt a group of fiends could casually walk off with the Sun Saint without anyone noticing. But if a famous knight came along to offer protection from a certain brave killer she'd probably go willingly.

We know how easily he can be manipulated via his feelings for Nachetanya so he might be swayed into helping the fiends if they promised she'd be his.

I still can't completely eliminate Nachetanya at this point, but if Adlet is about to finger her as the 7th I don't think he'd so happily compliment her on her strength. As a princess she wouldn't have the freedom to go around setting the plot up. Also when she had Goldov check her brave mark to see if Adlet was still alive that would be meaningless if it was fake. What value would there be in tricking Goldov into thinking Adlet was alive? She'd want to know for sure if Adlet was still alive or not so she'd probably ask Goldov to show her his so she'd know the truth.

If Nachetanya isn't the 7th then that means her erratic behavior is because she's genuinely crazy. I think that would be a more interesting turn of events in regards to her character.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:

Drop the theatrics please. No one even mentioned banning so just stop. Spoiling shows by discussing the source material has become a real problem lately and lots of users are complaining via reports, PM's and posts. Rightfully so in my opinion. We have a manga/LN section and people can certainly use it to discuss the source material. So we are taking measures to try and prevent it. End of story.

Continuing to try and post on the topic for the second time now, after a mod has said to stop and then edited your next post, and ignoring a moderator is how you get your post edited out entirely. Like your last one. Continuing to post on the subject to try and have the last word and be argumentative is how you get put on moderation. This is also hardly the first time you personally have been warned about not using spoiler tags or other wise spoiling shows for others. It's also not the first time you've been warned for being argumentative. So consider this your final warning. Play nice & drop the attitude, listen to the staff, or you can be placed on moderation.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale):

Ah, they finally reveal the fake 7th. I think it was somewhat obvious by now with the facts built up from the previous episode and the way the others explained it. Still nice to see it though.

Anyways, I'm quite glad that the show was well adapted. It was only one volume but very well done imo. Passione did a fantastic job setting up the suspense and crafted the artistic world of the series along with its characters.

The episode also introduced Rolonia, another character. That makes me think that perhaps we will get another season in the future? I hope so....

Rating this Very Good. Definitely enjoyable and refreshing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 17 of 21