• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Stop Motion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hardgear

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Gon*Gon wrote:
Quote:
The problem is people outside of our community. If something like this leaked to the mainstream media and was brought to the attention of the morality police it would not be pretty.

And as I said before, who would buy a game like this outside of those that this game is specifically aimed at?

People are like this game generally have better common sense, they won't be bothered by something like a little loli bath scene in a fictional game. The people who get their panties in a knot over this aren't even going to look at this game in the first place. They're too busy prowling for pictures of Starfire in Comic book stores.

If that were the case, then the whole RapeLay controversy would never have happened. All it takes is for someone's mom to walk in at the right moment....
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Hardgear wrote:
Gon*Gon wrote:
Quote:
The problem is people outside of our community. If something like this leaked to the mainstream media and was brought to the attention of the morality police it would not be pretty.

And as I said before, who would buy a game like this outside of those that this game is specifically aimed at?

People are like this game generally have better common sense, they won't be bothered by something like a little loli bath scene in a fictional game. The people who get their panties in a knot over this aren't even going to look at this game in the first place. They're too busy prowling for pictures of Starfire in Comic book stores.

If that were the case, then the whole RapeLay controversy would never have happened. All it takes is for someone's mom to walk in at the right moment....

oh dear lord don't even get me started on that... then again that game was pos with broken controls, camera angles etc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:09 am Reply with quote
Hardgear wrote:

And nothing really happened.

Feminists got their panties on fire, internet laughs at them, feminists use Sankaku posters to generalize people who play eroge, reporters ask random parents on the streets would they let their pre-pubescent children play an Adults Only game, and the company is still in business making games.

The whole thing stank a of publicity stunt by an obscure group of foreign feminists trying to bring attention to their organization.

If NISA really does censor or remove the bathing scene in this game, I am so rolling my eyes.......................or just find a way to patch it back in once I get the game.
Primus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:41 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
Lets say that NISA did keep it in the game... Would it even be allowed to be released with a rating? Games need to go through ESRB ratings to get a game rating, and without a game rating (or if it gets an AO rating) stores won't pick up your title... and the ESRB is made up of more normal people. If they saw a scene where you are rubbing down naked girls who look like 6, they might not approve the game for rating, or give it an AO (Adults Only rating), leaving NISA in a tough spot where they can only sell the game through their website.

Is a potential loss of profit like that worth it just for a bathing scene? Or do you take away the risk of it not getting rated and just remove one minigame? It makes sense to me.

In all honesty, they would probably not lose that many sales if they could only sell it through their website. Most of their buyers probably buy NISA games online anyway

That doesn't matter. If your game is given a rating of "AO" by the ESRB Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo will not allow your game to be released on their hardware. Mugen Souls will not be allowed release in any fashion if it receives that rating.
Hardgear

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Gon*Gon wrote:
Hardgear wrote:

And nothing really happened.

Of course nothing happened. The game was never released here in the US so nothing COULD happen. Now imagine if they had a US publisher they could go after....
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:27 am Reply with quote
Game I am currently playing, Fallout 3.

Steal, check.
Murder Innocent people, check. For God's sake there is an achievement for sticking a live grenade into someones pants and killing them.
Blow up a whole town with a nuke, check.
Eat human flesh, blood, check.
Capture and sell people as slaves, check.

Do you see where I am going with this.

This is just one of many games that has thing that are war worse in my honest opinion than a loli bath scene.

And FYI xbox for a fact has unrated downloadable games, just check out the indie section sometime, so I am not sure how hard line the stance really is.

But NIS, I am disappoint; I probably wont ever get around to playing the game because my backlog is too big, but I always buy their collector's editions, and I hate to see a repeat of Gunbird and Castle Shikgami, aka Mobile Light Gun force 1 and 2 in the US. And dont even make me remeber the whole Drakengard thing.

I find it funny that in Japan where a lot of the hentai is made, they go so far as to censor the hentai they make with black bars and mosaics. On the flip side in the US we decensor it and less it uncut. Yet in the US we cant get this one scene in a game, while its intact in the US.
Haterater

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:12 am Reply with quote
Quote:
On a more serious note, ESRB is weird and always over-rates a game. Persona 3 and 4 are rated for pre-teens in Japan, yet it gets slapped with an M in the US.

The same way CERO does the same thing by giving some games here like Infamous rated Z even though its only rated T here. Different cultures/countries will rate games differently.

Not surprised NISA will have to edit. Console manufactures don't allow AO rated games on their consoles. This game would have most likely got an AO from those bath scenes, which means NISA couldn't release it if they wanted to do an online only thing.
Letthemeatraep

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:24 am Reply with quote
Wow, what a shock. An American website's games column declaring Kinect teh best motion controller around...

How about some overselling of overrated old Sega games while we're here as well? Oh wait, got that covered too...

Quote:
With no equivalent to Crimson Dragon on the horizon

Sorcery on the Move is a much better looking game than Crimson Dragon, if for no other reason than it will almost certainly be significantly cheaper to buy, as has been the case with Move games compared to Kinect ones from the start. Just as the Move itself is cheaper than Kinect several times over (And it seems it now costs less than a regular PS3 controller now, making it the cheapest motion control option on shelves)

Kinect is an overpriced joke. Non-Kinect Xbox titles have all but dried up as Microsoft releases shovelware mini game collection after shovelware mini game collection in order to fool people into thinking an add on straight out of 2003 is worth the price you can get the actual console it's on for, and that it's insulting sparse content wise games are somehow worth full retail pricing.

Kinect software doesn't sell in general though, so hopefully it'll be killed off soon and we might start getting actual games on our 360s again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3