• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Staff for 'Renewed' Airing of Haruhi Suzumiya Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr.Lazarus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:11 am Reply with quote
game wrote:
why is this show so popular?

i mean i did watch this anime last year but i did not see what so special about it

Read the light novels... The novels are really good, and I think it's more that people want to see the story continued on the screen. They also explain a lot that was left out of the anime.

If you do though... Do not read volume 9... Volume 9 cuts off partway through a storyline and is to be continued in volume 10 (which is not out yet). Personally I found it really frustrating and wish I'd stopped at 8 until 10 comes out and gets translated before reading 9.

I'm honestly more interested in seeing the 10th volume of the novels than the S2 anime since I already know what happens and would prefer new material, but I'm still curious to see how they adapt a second season.

As far as the "refreshed" S1 I wonder if they intend to add some cut scenes back or maybe clear up some inconsistencies leading up to S2 (not that it really needs that).
Sora/Sanctuary

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:12 am Reply with quote
Oronae wrote:
It'd be awesome if they aired the episodes in chronological order this time.

I think thats what their doing then they might air the sesion two. mean while i'll be in the corner watching the pait dry till sesion two comes out.
Turak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:28 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
game wrote:
why is this show so popular?

i mean i did watch this anime last year but i did not see what so special about it

It's a textbook case for the use of "overrated"

It could be overrated, but it is also a good case of brainwashing. The creator's are going to try to form an army with Haruhi as a figurehead to lead a crusade to convert the world to Haruhism. While I enjoy the show and don't understand why they are doing this re-run with different staff, I don't care to much. I watch this show because I enjoy it, but I'm nowhere near to the point of buying a life size doll of Haruhi and bowing down to it caller her Supreme Overlord.
bayoab

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:29 am Reply with quote
Jarmel wrote:
It seems that they adapted their art style kinda drastically (looks more like Kannagi and A-1 really than Kyoto) for this.
Kannagi was animated A-1 with "assistance" from Studio Ordet.
Studio Ordet was created by Yutaka Yamamoto, the same one who left Kyoani.
So basically, those who animated Kannagi are some of the former Kyoani staff.

(Note that Kyoani has been shedding staff for a while. These staff changes shouldn't be that much of a surprise.)
TokyoGetter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:11 pm Reply with quote
This show was a lot of fun and I enjoyed it.

They better put some meat on the grill though, or I'm headed to another BBQ.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:16 pm Reply with quote
when are they going to put Haruhi season 2 out
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:40 pm Reply with quote
nosferatu-chan wrote:
If the new season of Haruhi is going to be called the "Dissapearance of Suzumiya Haruhi" then surely they'll make the planned re-run "dissapear" and be replaced with this new, Haruhi O<>O?

Seems like the most logical thing to me considering the other viral aspects of their advertising campaign?

Yep. It's a distinct possibility that those who tune in to the "re-airing" find that they are watching Haruhi 2.

Not saying it will, but it is definitely within the scope here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jarmel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:40 pm Reply with quote
bayoab wrote:
Jarmel wrote:
It seems that they adapted their art style kinda drastically (looks more like Kannagi and A-1 really than Kyoto) for this.
Kannagi was animated A-1 with "assistance" from Studio Ordet.
Studio Ordet was created by Yutaka Yamamoto, the same one who left Kyoani.
So basically, those who animated Kannagi are some of the former Kyoani staff.

(Note that Kyoani has been shedding staff for a while. These staff changes shouldn't be that much of a surprise.)

Nonetheless A-1 has their own particular style as compared to Kyoto and it fits more A-1's current style moreso than Kyoto's. I'll wait till more production art comes out though.
Myaow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Woo, K-ON! Is this a KyoAni original story? That's pretty awesome; I'm curious to see what it turns out to be about and what it's like. I'm also glad for Haruhi; it's such a neat little series, it does deserve to get aired again and seen by more people.

But don't show your devotion and love for it by bashing the KeyAni titles. That's just uncool.
rg4619

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Myaow wrote:
Woo, K-ON! Is this a KyoAni original story?

It's adapted from a manga.
Tyrenol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Okay. This is what I'm getting from the "Anonymii" over at 4chan's /a/:

"Haruhi's Melancholy" is getting a "renewed rebroadcast," which is basically the show without any mentioning of Yutaka Yamamoto. "Yamakan" (now this is from 4chan, mind you) said something against Clannad; about the characters being "cockroaches."

spoiler[Was it because Clannad After Story and Kannagi were neck-and-neck in the ratings? Despite 2chan's "purity police's" argument that Nagi's not pure? (Hello? Diety? As in, "she could've lived for more centuries than you?")]

No mentioning of "Haruhi Season 2," this "renewed rebroadcast" is basically KyotoAnimu's comeback during this beef with Yamakan.

Pardon me while I laugh. Laughing
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:21 pm Reply with quote
It's 4chan. It's full of idiots and people who lie and make up stupid crap and get banned constantly. Are they REALLY reliable?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
It's 4chan. It's full of idiots and people who lie and make up stupid crap and get banned constantly. Are they REALLY reliable?

Yes. The stuff that's made is up clever trolling. And if you didn't catch it, you get trolled.
Pocky Monster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Aww... I was so excited for season 2...T.T
Is it ever going to come out? Crying or Very sad
Tyrenol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Yeah. Yamakan had apparently ticked off someone important over at KyotoAnimu.

And, despite what people are saying over there, it's their collective attempt to remove the existence of Yamakan from their company. All this despite him proving to the world that he can direct something that ends up being popular amongst the animu fans.

spoiler[IMMHO, though: What Yamakan's company does, and what KyotoAnimu continues to do, is still straight man-bashing bullcrap.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6