• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Code Geass R2, Naruto Go on Hiatus on U.S. TV

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B-503_MIA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:57 pm Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:
Doesn't sound like much to be worried about. The fact they'll be showing two each week is a sign that they want to keep showing it. It's probably just that Bandai's fallen behind on the dub a bit.

I think/hope you are right about that, my wife really enjoys the show & we'd hate it if AS did to Geass what they did to Moribito...

AS does have the "Most Ridiculous Sex Moments of Code Geass" on it's website, pretty funny stuff - though I'll guess that most of you have already seen it...
Anton Chigurh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:58 pm Reply with quote
To be honest, it bothers me more that they removed Shin-Chan than their rebooting Geass - and I was closely following both. Bleach I don't give a big crap for because the AS broadcast still has a LONG way to go to even get within the range of the newest episodes - anyone wanting to see the latest of the latest has the 'Net at his disposal already.

The fans will survive.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Hannish Lightning wrote:
I blame the fans who refuse to watch Code Geass on adult swim because it's in "Lol, English"

Honestly there really aren't too many of these with these two shows.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:02 am Reply with quote
B-503_MIA wrote:
bahamut623 wrote:
Doesn't sound like much to be worried about. The fact they'll be showing two each week is a sign that they want to keep showing it. It's probably just that Bandai's fallen behind on the dub a bit.

I think/hope you are right about that, my wife really enjoys the show & we'd hate it if AS did to Geass what they did to Moribito...

AS does have the "Most Ridiculous Sex Moments of Code Geass" on it's website, pretty funny stuff - though I'll guess that most of you have already seen it...

I actually think it's a stupid marketing ploy in the case of R1 and an unfortunate truth in the case of R2(which I hated but whatever)
Asrialys

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:03 am Reply with quote
Probably brought it back that first time just to perfectly time the showing of episode 12 and Valentine's Day Razz
mrgetalife

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:03 am Reply with quote
Quote:
There website got a major down grade last year sometime and doesn't keep a database of the anime licenses they own.

A few years back I talked to the the Bandai Rep at a con. They for some reason couldn't understand the concept of keeping a historical list of their products.

But the "Anime channel" on cable has become a pipe dream pretty much. I've actually dropped cable. But before I did Sci-Fi was the last one to really play Anime on their monday night while adult swim was on repeat marathon.

With the internet and all that pretty much which everything is moving towards. The only thing that will prevent this from happening are "bandwidth caps" and that's a whole other beast.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:05 am Reply with quote
R315r4z0r wrote:
Seriously, I don't understand this move... why bother airing a second repeat of Bleach from the following week and then reboot Code Geass and put that back to back as well?

Their schedule tactics never make any sense..

The Bleach repeats make perfect sense. With the recent changes in the Saturday schedule, premiere episodes are no longer repeated later in the night, and since Bleach isn't available streamed on the [as] Video site, there's no way for someone who misses an episode to catch up to it. Repeating the previous premiere the next week provides that method; hell, mainstream shows like LOST have often operated under a similar schedule.

And I can almost guarantee that Code Geass's current reboot is due to delays in getting the dub finished, especially considering just how recently the show finished premiering in Japan. There's no sense in getting all paranoid over nothing.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:06 am Reply with quote
Hannish Lightning wrote:
I blame the fans who refuse to watch Code Geass on adult swim because it's in "Lol, English"

A lot of us do, to make fun of it. So in the end it still doesn't matter.
The_Libertarian_Otaku

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:08 am Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
R315r4z0r wrote:
Seriously, I don't understand this move... why bother airing a second repeat of Bleach from the following week and then reboot Code Geass and put that back to back as well?

Their schedule tactics never make any sense..

The Bleach repeats make perfect sense. With the recent changes in the Saturday schedule, premiere episodes are no longer repeated later in the night, and since Bleach isn't available streamed on the [as] Video site, there's no way for someone who misses an episode to catch up to it. Repeating the previous premiere the next week provides that method; hell, mainstream shows like LOST have often operated under a similar schedule.

And I can almost guarantee that Code Geass's current reboot is due to delays in getting the dub finished, especially considering just how recently the show finished premiering in Japan. There's no sense in getting all paranoid over nothing.

If [AS] wants to replay Bleach, they need to put it on weeknights like they used to and scrap all their shitty comedy shows.

Delays in CG's dub getting finished? Just how long does it take to dub one whole episode anyway, much less 25?
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:09 am Reply with quote
While I am of the opinion that Jun Fukuyama cannot be matched by JYB in this role I like Suzaku and C.C better in english.
Kiriska

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:15 am Reply with quote
Dear [adultswim], AGAIN?? No love, Me.

Really though. CN and [as] have become obsolete. It's been a long time since they've done anything but act condescendingly towards their anime titles, and now fans no longer have to put up with it. So it's no surprise they're not getting the ratings. It's a mutual disinterest in the relationship. So let's break up.
B.K.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:19 am Reply with quote
One of the people on the ToonZone forums said it's going to be nine weeks before new episodes of Code Geass start. Maybe they're just out of dubbed episodes.
bayoab

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:42 am Reply with quote
Adult swim boards suggest this delay is 7 weeks long as there is a poll up named: What do you want to do with the Episode Discussion Threads for the next 7 weeks of Rewind-n-Repeat CG R2's?

babynaruto1 wrote:
This is totally tragic, now how am I supposed to watch Episodes 210-220 of Naruto (English Dub) and Episodes 16-25 of Code Geass R2 (English Dub)?

Wait? Have a little patience? As others have said, this is likely that Bandai has fallen behind in dubbing.

Mario1234567 wrote:
Do I not Say this. FUNimation, Bandai, Viz and ADV. Has the Power to do this. I'd bet Cartoon Network and Nick and what ever other channels there is would get abandon.
Just like how ADV's linear channel and FUNi's linear channel can both be found on basic cable? What did you say? You can't find it? Maybe because neither made it to the basic tier in 99% of the markets? And ADV had to cut their linear network because it was burning through money? Oh that's right, they do not have the power to do this. No cable company is going to pick up such a channel outside of premium tiers and then it is the same as IAtv. It is impossible to do.
R.G.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:49 am Reply with quote
B.K. wrote:
One of the people on the ToonZone forums said it's going to be nine weeks before new episodes of Code Geass start. Maybe they're just out of dubbed episodes.

Hhhmm . . .

That could be it,yeah.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:50 am Reply with quote
Hannish Lightning wrote:

To be fair, it is an absolutely horrendous dub, especially by recent Bandai standards. That said, wow. Dick move, CN. As usual. I'd be insanely pissed off if I hadn't seen it all already. I seem to be one of the few that absolutely loved R2 from beginning to end.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7