• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Diabolical Machinations

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:39 am Reply with quote
Jeeze, am I the only one who really liked The X Button because it was only Japanese games? I for one really don't like Western games (too much grittiness not enough pure-hearted hero). Also Japanese games are way prettier since they still use 2-D graphics and bright colors.

Well, I won't say that I like Japanese games exclusively, but I'll admit that I was disappointed that The X Button will be reviewing Western games as well, mostly because, well, (1) I found it useful for keeping in touch with anime game incarnations and (2) news of Western games already abound everywhere else on the net.
dangerwhat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Eh, who cares about Western games? I can read about that anywhere. But its not going to affect me much cause the article will still be good and I'll still read it. To any extent,

Doesn't seem to me that the PSP can hope to dent Nintendo's stranglehold on the portable market (no one has for long anyway), but even if they could the PSP Go seems like something that few are going to want, myself for one. Maybe if the design wasn't so stupid, I'd be able to accept downloading games. I mean, a system that folds up serves no purpose - I have to slide it to, I don't know, DO anything with it? Sounds worthless. Having a handheld videogame system that doesn't exactly fit in my pocket isn't going to kill me -.- Seems possible to me that downloading games is the wave of the future, such as it is - at least, the videogame companies whould like it to be, I'm sure. But I'm not certain that this going to prove viable for this handheld. We'll see.

A Wizard of Oz RPG? Really?

When I had heard about the Soul Eater game on the Wii, it sounded to me like something that whould and could work here. From what I have seen of Soul Eater, it seems to me that it could be a big hit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:44 am Reply with quote
Well personally I think this time around the PSP Go is meant to appeal more towards the iPod and iTouch audience and compete against it as a multimedia device since Sony's Walkman line is dying out. Although it has a smaller hard drive space, its way more advance in graphics being a gaming device and as flash memory improves, it benefits from it.

The new design and sliding top is so its easier to use as a mp3 player and slide it into your pant or shirt pocket rather then non-go designs where they are still too big unless your wearing a hoodie or cargo pants or have your back pack with you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3