• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Hard Corps

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kefkaownsall

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:44 pm Reply with quote
If NIS localizes Ar Tonelico III, I'll buy it but yell about it online.
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:51 pm Reply with quote
kefkaownsall wrote:

You, sir, have reached the true essence of a fan of computer and video games!
kefkaownsall

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Generic #757858 wrote:
kefkaownsall wrote:

You, sir, have reached the true essence of a fan of computer and video games!

Hey not my fault I can't read Japanese.
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Oooh! I must have totally forgotten that Matrix was developing Nostalgia, which indeed makes me want to play it because I have liked some of their previous works, namely Alundra and Dual Hearts.

On a plus side, the new Astro Boy game is trying to imitate the GBA Omega Factor game, which also means that they didn't try to imitate the god-awful PS2 game developed by Sonic Team. This means that the game has potential to me to be good even if I dislike the movie (which I will go to as a rabid fanboy) and that the developers can be trusted to have brains. Also, D3 publisher published Puzzle Quest, something that still owns my soul from time to time, I'm somewhat likely to trust them a little again (OMG! Wants Puzzle Quest NOW!), and now look, my inner child has demanded that my DS surrender to having Puzzle Quest stuck in it again because I've only beat the game as a warrior class so far.
panzer.time

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:31 pm Reply with quote
I'd love to see this Dave Barry reference to Contra.
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:02 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle wrote:
Well in the previous games it was more like you find a weird little creature in the Cosmosphere and that creature will help you get through that level of the Cosmosphere which then becomes available to you and then that same creature appears when you od the song magic attack that creature is made for. But finding fragments i'll have to see what that's like.

I think we're still getting that system (BTW, you explain stuff like I haven't played through both games before) and the new fragment system is something new we're getting in addition. I'm thinking it my be the replacement for the Infelsphere. Some of the magazine scans show what looks like the replacement for I.P.D.s and Girl Power called R.A.H.

Anyway, the Official Japanese website just went live with a teaser trailer and they've begun distributing some images,though many are high-res versions from the magazines (find them on Scrawl). I guess there's a big update coming Monday and a fan event in Akiba on the 25th.

Emerje

Sorry wasn't trying to sound like you didn't know about the games just bringing on example of like the previous 2 games were.

That does kind of make sense like how you got those keys everytime a new part of the Infelsphere was unlocked. I wonder if R.A.H. will be on all of your Revyateils or be like Ar Tonelico 2 and just be on 1 of them.
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:10 am Reply with quote
kefkaownsall wrote:

Namco could mess up on it as well when localized if they get the rights and not NIS. So really Namco or NIS i'm sure whoever announces it will get an earful of comments like, "You mess up Ar Tonelico III and I won't buy anymore of your rpgs ever again." *sigh* sometimes i'm glad I decided not to work for these video game companies who help localize Japanese games.
Battle Cossack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:06 pm Reply with quote
I dug the mention of Contra Hard Corps. That game is awesome, despite the American version's discouraging difficulty. Allotting each player one hit per life is pretty merciless. Besides being tough, Hard Corps is amusingly odd in the way only Japanese games are, like blasting a giant skeleton that attacks with a shopping cart or being able to play as a werewolf with mechanical arms. His sunglasses and trademark exclamation "It's payback time!" are an unforgettable amalgamation of cliches.
sfried

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:28 pm Reply with quote
I can't stop listening to Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Music... *hint hint Todd*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3