• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Senran Kagura (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:53 pm Reply with quote
so everyone expect spoiler[Yaguu] look like they are totally screwed. or maybe they will all get a heroic second wind and turn the battle around
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6
Wow, spoiler[Mirai] I'm disappoint. I thought she'd put up a much more better fight than that. Well at any rate, most of the fights were a bit rushed but some of it was still fun to watch especially Katsuragi's imo.

Oh and a new girl @ the end there? Wonder who she is.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:32 pm Reply with quote
The supersecretscroll would be my guess. Does that make sense? Not really, but that's no obstacle.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:10 am Reply with quote
ep.6

spoiler[while main 5 master wonder a "cat" appear tell him about what going while inside katsu vs snake eyee female bit blood, head butt, rip outfit, with katsu still want fight.

ouju ninja vs plant ivy ninja with plant got clothes burned, yagyuu vs mirai cue giant squid that it bye mirai with yagyuu out but want back in for hibari.

hibari got sit by puppet lady cue bunny charge give land on cake but hibari got spank til yagyuu came in give too much & got ow yet hibari beg them to leave with puppet lady spare them.

asuka vs homura give some clothes slash with question how they feel on there reasons to fight til fallback the barrier is down.

yagyuu on hospital but ok cue flashback of how her & hibari met with cause it remind yagyuu of her "gone" little sister meanwhile rest wonder here hanzo & sushi time.

with alone talk with main 5's teacher now time train them so who is worthy to be super ninja.]
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:53 pm Reply with quote
they have a secret spoiler[hospital], now that's hilarious
KLAC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:08 am Reply with quote
ep.7

spoiler[main 5's master talking to a "cat" wonder about if someone from their past came back but helping the rival 5 so for now it's another training time.

for "hiking" a theme park mountain where it got snow, leeches, giant eel, piranhas, snake & polar bear to choke on the mountain to climb up to reach a scroll.

so after long climb & little spring water relax reach top here come cat ninja lady aka Daidouji & challenge them to see if there worthy.

after dodge most of attack give it take determine asuka got closest so they pass & scroll said "Power is both sword and shield" with give wonder if main 5's master can make sure history does not repeat itself. ]
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:49 pm Reply with quote
so there is an actual story here, and it keeps trying to squeeze its way past 5 pairs double D's and it managed to do so for a bit this episode.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Episodes 3 to 7

The show does get a little odd, but it is the absurdity that really keeps my interest, and maybe something else Rolling Eyes . The highlight has to be the goth loli with an eye patch, from under her dress she has summoned thhings like a spoiler[machine gun and a small jet], that is funny.

The thing that has annoyed me the most is that the main characters have note even felt like strong ninja; they keep getting distracted and have their butts kicked. The biggest problem is Hibari who keeps crying for her friend to help her and actin like some helpless child, Yagyuu for the most part is competent, she really shouldn't have to fight all of Hibari's battles. Katsuragi has confidence, but her slacking and pervasive character is not even backed up by surprising abilities that such characters usually have. Ikaruga feels like she belongs in the show, her issues seem to weaken her though, hopefully it will actually make her good. Our main character, Asuka, just feels so weak, naievity can work, but she does not even have confidence to back up her beliefs, she started to show some in episode 7 while under the rocks, but this felt off as she was saying that it was still her family, not confidence in herself.

Oh well, there are still boobs, panties and ripped clothes, that one sword chick has quite the low opened pants. Just wish they worked on making the main characters cool and thus fun to watch, a magical bunny comming in and then flying away with Hibari waving at it is not fun.
KLAC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:30 pm Reply with quote
ep.8

spoiler[so after some training main 5's master & cat ninja had some talk recall how each of 5 arrive at school.

katsu & ikaruga were at 1st bit odds & rivals give rough past yet then after oops doing barrier they patch up & rest is history how they got along.

after doing their transform outfit here asuka's 1st year in ninja school give bit clumsy yet did some well doing it for her grandpa.

then yagyuu & hibari arrival give yagyuu did well well hibari just RUN give all in time all got along well.

so seeing how they join in then cat ninja mention one she was plan to grad til rin went "missing" yet still wonder way if save it all?

& oh rival 5 now got like sneak in by ear-ring to now hi-jack hibari to do something for them.]
casualfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:29 am Reply with quote
The show is basically following the shonen formula where the enemies initially overpower the heroes (spoiler[there is Yagyuu defeating the machine gun girl but that's about it]), then the heroes train to get stronger and eventually win in the end. That's why they appear weak at the moment.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Still, what a giant un-fun tease this series is. In a post-Manyuu Hikenchou and Seikon no Qwaser world, it's just not the same seeing everything covered up 100% of the time.

Oh wait, story and characters? Inconsequential, but the Jojo Daidouji is nice.
KLAC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:56 am Reply with quote
ep.9

spoiler[yagyuu feel bit worry check hibari's room no one there & oh someone stole the scroll which later reveal hibari found it but part of puppet master ninja to take scroll while tempt hibari to join dark side.

so hibari go visit serpent ninja place give yagyuu full hibari search til asuka calm yagyuu down & focus to later plan get hibari back.

hibari arrive at serpent ninja place give got tied wrap-up package to send to puppet ninja as gift also show hibari everything from studying, training, students, etc with reason why join serpent school.

all them seem going rival 5's teacher call out main 5's teacher for quick spar to be reveal as former student of main 5's teacher give them a map to serpent place. ]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:31 am Reply with quote
Episodes 8 and 9

Yeah, I know why I am watching this: multiple bathing scenes, and the upside down bit with their chests dangling, despite seeming to have magical skirts. Then Hibari spoiler[tied up and taken to the puppeteer], hope I can just memorize the yuri right there. Is it wrong to enjoy that pairing so much?

Well Hibarispoiler[ had guts to pretend to become a double agent], that is worth something for her character.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Well, at least she's doing something now though even if I feel like she is still quite useless in the show so far. A friend of mine told me that she is quite the OP in a game but otherwise, I hope she can pull her little plan through @ the Snake Academy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Well, to do so she'll definitely need to prove herself without Yagyuu, which makes me wonder if they won't spoiler[have her start seriously consider changing terms permanently] when she does.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5