• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Problem Children Novels' Weekly Sales Quadruple After Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

this is not about sales this is does something exist and the answer is yes it does. there is a better example but I don't feel like searching for it now.

Amazing, characters designed by the same person look somewhat similar. This has clearly never, ever happened before in the entire history of animation character designs. Please, continue your examination of this NEW! AND! EXCITING! Phenomenon.

Quote:
Also I heard gj-bu was a unfunny comedy versus joshiraku or acchi kochi which where hilarious

Unlike you, I've actually watched it.

I have watched episode 1 of it and it was unfunny and boring way to generalize me just because I deferred to general opinion.
and thank you for agreeing with me that what I said was right.

now that I am privileged to be allowed to talk by the almighty fencedude. I will begin writing my 20 page on why just because something repeatedly happens that does not mean that it is a good thing, and how idiotic of an argument that is, and how when one objects to another persons point it should be done in a respectful manner and that you need to argue their point and not just say their example is stupid especially when it is a perception based problem.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

I have watched episode 1 of it and it was unfunny and boring way to generalize me just because I deferred to general opinion.
and thank you for agreeing with me that what I said was right.

Well, I watched it, and found it far more amusing than Acchi Kocchi. Which is, shockingly, what happens when people have different opinions.

The problem is that you take umbrage whenever your opinion isn't validated in some way. I don't care that you don't like GJ-bu, I do care that you whine about it maybe having decent sales because you "heard" it was bad. Until now you didn't mention you'd watched an episode.

Quote:
now that I am privileged to be allowed to talk by the almighty fencedude. I will begin writing my 20 page on why just because something repeatedly happens that does not mean that it is a good thing, and how idiotic of an argument that is, and how when one objects to another persons point it should be done in a respectful manner and that you need to argue their point and not just say their example is stupid especially when it is a perception based problem.

You said there was a "Backlash" against Tamako Market. To back up that assertion you posted a dumb motivator pointing out that Anko sorta-kinda looks like Azusa, especially if you look at the hairstyle Azusa wore once in an ending animation. Not only is the fact that they kinda look alike hardly an original thought its irrelevant to the point you were trying to make, which is that there is a "backlash" against the show.

Please establish that there is a backlash, without taking irrelevant shots at the character designs. I'll be waiting.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:39 am Reply with quote
I didn't find GJ-bu to be amusing and rather generic which I had the opposite reaction to in acchi kocchi that is my opinion and many others share it, I did not mean to come across as wining about it, I just thought it was odd that it had high sales, same thing with the yuryuri series for me.

maybe I did not make this clear earlier but their is a backlash because of the similar designs, but also that no one can prove something 100% in most cases, however it can be reasonable shown. to the character designs there is in addition to the character designs their is the bird
also fans in general feel like not just the bird but that kyon ayi's studio is trolling them with this show especially after the little busters fiasco, which still has a ton of people but hurt over JC staffs little animation.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:21 am Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
I didn't find GJ-bu to be amusing and rather generic which I had the opposite reaction to in acchi kocchi that is my opinion and many others share it, I did not mean to come across as wining about it, I just thought it was odd that it had high sales, same thing with the yuryuri series for me.

Yes, just because YOU don't like something means its "odd" that it sells well. Maybe you should stop and consider why that makes no goddamn sense.

Quote:
maybe I did not make this clear earlier but their is a backlash because of the similar designs, but also that no one can prove something 100% in most cases, however it can be reasonable shown. to the character designs there is in addition to the character designs their is the bird
also fans in general feel like not just the bird but that kyon ayi's studio is trolling them with this show especially after the little busters fiasco, which still has a ton of people but hurt over JC staffs little animation.

That first link goes to a thread from /a/, which is meaningless because /a/ hates and loves everything. Also who gives a crap about what /a/ thinks? I'm looking for you to establish a backlash among Japanese fans, the ones that actually matter on the subject we're discussing, which is Japanese disc sales.

Second, the bird is not inherently a problem. In fact, I quite like the bird, so you can't hold up Dera's presence as an inherent flaw.

Thirdly, this image is completely idiotic on multiple levels. That you have presented it to me as some sort of actual evidence of a backlash is completely insulting, and demonstrates that you do not understand a single thing about how anime is funded and produced.

And finally, KyoAni and Tamako Market have precisely nothing to do with Little Busters, so bringing that up again reinforces the point made above that you have no idea what you are talking about.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:52 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Quote:

That first link goes to a thread from /a/, which is meaningless because /a/ hates and loves everything. Also who gives a crap about what /a/ thinks? I'm looking for you to establish a backlash among Japanese fans, the ones that actually matter on the subject we're discussing, which is Japanese disc sales.

Second, the bird is not inherently a problem. In fact, I quite like the bird, so you can't hold up Dera's presence as an inherent flaw.

Thirdly, this image is completely idiotic on multiple levels. That you have presented it to me as some sort of actual evidence of a backlash is completely insulting, and demonstrates that you do not understand a single thing about how anime is funded and produced.

And finally, KyoAni and Tamako Market have precisely nothing to do with Little Busters, so bringing that up again reinforces the point made above that you have no idea what you are talking about.
[/quote]

On the first point I said it was not just my opinion but general conciseness which makes it odd that it sells well despite most people not liking it (this does not mean the show inherently bad but that most people don't get it)

also you seem to be forgetting how the anime industry is funded (and seem a bit confused on the point that backlash is based on perception, which means the reality of the matter doesn't matter but how people view it). first off there is no reason for why japanese fans are reacting different to tamako then american fans, also I don't speak/read japanese unlike some people so you have to have some level of reasonably with me on my evidence. second I really do like dera however as you saw people feel that he is trolling them, just like the show is trolling them, you have not made any claims or shown any evidence to the contrary.

also you said it yourself quite well "KyoAni and Tamako Market have precisely nothing to do with Little Busters" that is the problem for people is that for many they can't just enjoy tamako instead they are hen pecked by the idea that "they chose to do this over LB, K-on, or Haruhi" every time the show does a slight slip up. is it fair no it is not, but when fans fell like they have been ignored by the thing they built up then they start to lash out (or hold back on buying discs, because it is their favorite studio) tamako market might just end up being that unfortunate case of wrong place wrong time, which I personally find sad.
it would be nice if the world was more rational but it just isn't some times.[/quote]
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:05 am Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

also you said it yourself quite well "KyoAni and Tamako Market have precisely nothing to do with Little Busters" that is the problem for people is that for many they can't just enjoy tamako instead they are hen pecked by the idea that "they chose to do this over LB, K-on, or Haruhi"

God, is it 2006 all over again? Seriously. This exact same logic was trotted out at the time, only in that case it was Kanon that was preventing us from having more Haruhi.

Anyway, you have not established anything other than baseless speculation.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:11 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

also you said it yourself quite well "KyoAni and Tamako Market have precisely nothing to do with Little Busters" that is the problem for people is that for many they can't just enjoy tamako instead they are hen pecked by the idea that "they chose to do this over LB, K-on, or Haruhi"

God, is it 2006 all over again? Seriously. This exact same logic was trotted out at the time, only in that case it was Kanon that was preventing us from having more Haruhi.

Anyway, you have not established anything other than baseless speculation.

Kanon was a key property it was already very popular and had a strong fan base versus TM which is anime original. also haruhi is only done by kyonayi key was made popular by and (in popular opinion) should really be done only by kyonayi or at least some other high profile studio, instead because LB was rejected by kyonayi it went to JC staff were it got a poor adaptation. kyon ayi caused little busters to suffer so they could go off and make a bird troll us.

that is the logic of the spured fans, try and refute it.
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:39 am Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
kyon ayi caused little busters to suffer so they could go off and make a bird troll us.

that is the logic of the spured fans, try and refute it.

What?
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:58 am Reply with quote
ok slight change. Kyon anyi made the adaptation of little busters suffer.

by kyon ayi refusing to do a superior adaptation of little busters, key was forced to go with JC staff that did a sub par adaptation of LB instead. that is what I mean when I say kyon anyi made LB suffer.

The reason why KA said they wouldn't do LB was because they wanted to do their own stuff (chu2 and tamako) first and would not do it in a reasonable amount of time. many fans feel (not me) that tamko market in particular the bird is actually trolling them

does that make sense now? I am not saying that I agree with this argument nor that the backlash is very large. however this backlash does exist and above is their reasoning and logic.
Draneor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:20 am Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
also you said it yourself quite well "KyoAni and Tamako Market have precisely nothing to do with Little Busters" that is the problem for people is that for many they can't just enjoy tamako instead they are hen pecked by the idea that "they chose to do this over LB, K-on, or Haruhi" every time the show does a slight slip up. is it fair no it is not, but when fans fell like they have been ignored by the thing they built up then they start to lash out (or hold back on buying discs, because it is their favorite studio) tamako market might just end up being that unfortunate case of wrong place wrong time, which I personally find sad.

Please quit making Little Busters, K-on!, and Haruhi fans look bad by speaking for them. I'll note I've spent significant amounts of money on all three franchises so I've put my money where my mouth is.

Regarding anime production, it's unlikely KyoAni can afford to fund a two cour (let alone 2+) anime adaptation by themselves. Few animation production studios can so the investment comes from multiple companies (especially those that don't blink at having large amount of funds tied up that can't be recovered for a couple years). Which is to say... it's complicated. Clearly, TBS/Pony Canyon/KyoAni liked the proposal for Tamako Market for whatever reason--but we don't know who initiated it. Maybe TBS wanted an anime original production and asked KyoAni to come up with an idea? We can only speculate. Regardless, KyoAni is in no position to dictate what anime gets made by themselves. If say Hyouka gets made over Haruhi, that's really Kadokawa's decision to promote the former over the latter.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:09 am Reply with quote
This thread, is so awesome...

We have a genius on our hands, someone who overnight learned everything there is to know about anime sales in Japan.
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
ok slight change. Kyon anyi made the adaptation of little busters suffer.

by kyon ayi refusing to do a superior adaptation of little busters, key was forced to go with JC staff that did a sub par adaptation of LB instead. that is what I mean when I say kyon anyi made LB suffer.

The reason why KA said they wouldn't do LB was because they wanted to do their own stuff (chu2 and tamako) first and would not do it in a reasonable amount of time. many fans feel (not me) that tamko market in particular the bird is actually trolling them

does that make sense now? I am not saying that I agree with this argument nor that the backlash is very large. however this backlash does exist and above is their reasoning and logic.
Do you have proof there's backlash in Japan? What American fans think of Tamako Market does not affect the Japanese disc sales.

Also you seem to forget Japanese and American fans have different tastes. There have been plenty of shows American fans loved that bombed in Japan (Ex: Deadman Wonderland-well it was a hit with the Toonami crowd), and shows American fans hated that did really well in Japan (Ex: Gundam SEED Destiny).

Please, give us more of your great wisdom. Please, do go on, I'd love to hear it...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:43 am Reply with quote
I never said the backlash was big just that it exist. if you guys feel so strongly it does not exist how about you actually produce some evidence that it doesn't exist. (which you probably can't since it's a devils proof)

also I never claimed to know everything on this topic, nor that I was speaking for all haruhi, K-on, or LB fans. however it is a fact that some (again unknown quantity) of these fans feel this way. I have already said it is impossible for me to read or speak japanese and even if I did pull up something you all would probably try and say that the translation was incorrect or was out of context or something.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
I never said the backlash was big just that it exist. if you guys feel so strongly it does not exist how about you actually produce some evidence that it doesn't exist. (which you probably can't since it's a devils proof)

also I never claimed to know everything on this topic, nor that I was speaking for all haruhi, K-on, or LB fans. however it is a fact that some (again unknown quantity) of these fans feel this way. I have already said it is impossible for me to read or speak japanese and even if I did pull up something you all would probably try and say that the translation was incorrect or was out of context or something.
I think someone needs a sarcasm detector, though they're getting quite expensive these days.

I was asking you if you had proof of there being backlash in Japan, though it seems you don't have any proof whatsoever, and haven't bothered to look (So you're pulling it out of nowhere it seems). I have no idea if there is backlash (I haven't even watched Tamako Market, so I'm not going to act like I know a lot about the show and those watching it), but again I was asking you if there was proof of backlash in Japan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

You are the one making the initial claim that a backlash among the Japanese fans exists. Therefore when this backlash is questioned, the burden of proof is on you to prove it exists. It is not on us to prove that it doesn't exist.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:26 pm Reply with quote
GrayArchon wrote:
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

You are the one making the initial claim that a backlash among the Japanese fans exists. Therefore when this backlash is questioned, the burden of proof is on you to prove it exists. It is not on us to prove that it doesn't exist.

Yes I don't pick on sarcasm that well at all, it's medical k.

I have already provided some evidence that shows that people are posting that they feel the bird is trolling them

and have shown that people feel that tamako market is responsible for them not getting the shows that they want .
I have also repeatedly said that it is impossible for me to pull sources in japanese and that english/ pictorial equivalents should be close. enough
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5