• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Adds Super Robot Wars OG Video, TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:19 am Reply with quote
Isnt media blaster the company that doomed Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei? Basically depriving the US with the greatest comedic work since pretty much Shakespeare Wink.

that said I have never seen half the volumes even listed for sale, and the few that I have, mainly 7 and 9 always are in the 100 dollar range.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:16 am Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I can't wait for these to be delayed several times before their eventual indefinite cancellation.

Yeah, because fellow license rescue Jubei-chan was delayed several times & then got indefinitely canceled... Oh, wait, Jubei-chan came out with no problems whatsoever.

I'll begin to have more faith when that becomes commonplace and not an exception, but the good will is absent for the time being. People don't like being screwed continuously, so now they'll only wait for complete collections from MB, if they're smart.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Well, it took the death of a friend to get The Inspector made at all. Unless the anime's physical release sold really well I don't think we'll see more, sadly.

Thats not how anime is made. Terada doesn't have the power to get an anime made for his games anytime he wants, and Bandai Namco isn't going to fund one simply because some guy died.

Inspectors was created to hype up people for the 2nd OG game which was supposed to come out months after Inspectors finished but it took a year longer to finish because 2nd OG was the first HD SRW game and they wanted to get it right. We will most likely get an anime based on OG Gaiden (Unified Wisdom) when the 3rd OG is created.

Basically all SRW anime are advertisements for the upcoming games.
TheMagickHat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:58 am Reply with quote
YES!

I missed out on Bandai Visual's release of SRW, except for the OVA, so it's nice to be able to have a second chance at Divine Wars. Hopefully, Media Blasters will come through.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3