• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Gatchaman Crowds Episodes 1-7 Streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:40 am Reply with quote
I actually get rather annoyed by this show. find it rather obnoxious and way too enigmatic.

As far as I can tell it's only a 12 episode series and they've barely touched on the reasoning behind anything.

-A leader who speaks in riddles if he speaks at all
-Paiman and Gatchaman queen have some sort of past... but we've barely gotten a hint.
-"I'm Dreamy" bikini girl apparently spoiler[loses her own life by saving others]... but details are nil.
-Hajime is unable to explain her wondrous thought processes at all.
-Social media queen is a loosely bundled bunch of vague ideals but I can tell his/her story is probably the least likely to be explored.
-For some reason, the person we've got the most info is Joe, who is possibly the least interesting guy in the group.
-No one has a family or a home of their own apparently
-VIllain queen was apparently once a gatchaman of some sort at some point somewhere.

Yet despite not revealing anything about anyone, they still have a lot of fun yelling their heads off about it every minute or so.

Maybe the idea is to continue the show into a new franchise to continue these plots but I just don't see a truncated one cour show that will barely reveal anything as a good introduction.

I mostly worry that this will finish even worse than C- Control, a show that similarly had barely explained interesting ideas that just turned into a horrid mess at the end.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sunflower

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:51 am Reply with quote
I'm one of those who instantly loved Hajime. Her intelligence and courage and interest/openess about other POVs sold me from the moment I saw her. I also love the art of the show; all the visuals are entrancing.

But I have to mention the music! The OP and ED are fun, but the soundtrack to the show really drives the emotions as you're watching. If you haven't paid attention to it, it's worth cranking the speakers or putting on your headphones and doing so. (Though you may want to turn everything down when Berg Katze appears...)
GiriOni

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:16 am Reply with quote
I am guilty of having the music of this series constantly playing in my head. "Gatchaman!" just constantly pops into my head, it's pretty great. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3