• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Scariest Bosses

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:35 am Reply with quote
I voted for Izumi Curtis from FMA. She may not have been their actual mother, but she basically became that to Ed and Al, and she was also plenty badass to boot. Smile
TG72

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:06 am Reply with quote
I need two votes! Sorry, Masane, but I can't go against Izumi Curtis.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:03 am Reply with quote
Splitter wrote:
Knives as #1 is absolutely perfect.

OF course Knives is number 1. that's a gimme. but the leader of Blue Cosmos is a definite head scratcher. As well as Giovanni. Sure he's a megamanical villain that wants to take over the world , but compared to the unstable Cyrus spoiler[( who wanted to destroy the entire world and recreate it where he's the only one left )] from the Sinouh Arc and Getsis from the Isshu Arc , he's kinda half baked. and if PUSA makes X & Y anime series similar to the game , giovanni will be further be sent to the shaft since Flare's leader whose unstable like Cyrus.

However , i am kinda surprised that they left out Johan from Monster out of the list. if they was one person that could have made this list easy its that nut job.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Shouldn't super-powered moms include ChiChi (DBZ) and Lois Lane (Superman) or something? Y'know, Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex thing?
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:30 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Shouldn't super-powered moms include ChiChi (DBZ) and Lois Lane (Superman) or something? Y'know, Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex thing?

One problem with that. for one thing the list one have any US cartoon characters like those from DC Comics, though Chi Chi i can definitely see on that list since even her husband is scared of her.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Goku isn't scared of her physically... at all. In fact, he defeated her in combat back during the original Dragonball, so... But he may be scared of her on emotionally/relationship-wise, or maybe he simply wants her to be happy. As far as I can tell, Chi-Chi is supposed to be a pretty stereotypical Japanese wife, only really strong physically, so I think their marriage is a sort of spoof of a standard Japanese marriage.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:57 am Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
Goku isn't scared of her physically... at all. In fact, he defeated her in combat back during the original Dragonball, so... But he may be scared of her on emotionally/relationship-wise, or maybe he simply wants her to be happy. As far as I can tell, Chi-Chi is supposed to be a pretty stereotypical Japanese wife, only really strong physically, so I think their marriage is a sort of spoof of a standard Japanese marriage.

I dont think any DBZ fan would think that knowing how much of a hot head she is. Not to mention the many times he's in the full bront of it and acting like if he's about to wet himself. its as i said she would definitely make that list hands down.

However Frieza as a scary boss is another story. His brother Cooler made a better boss than him. the only boss from DBZ i would think that should make this list is Cell.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:34 am Reply with quote
^
Cell was not a boss. Not under the definition that Lynzee used.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:32 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
^

I agree, I've personally never seen Cell as a leader as he was created (but not completed) by Dr. Gero and doesn't have a group that he commands.

Now staying on a Dragonball trend Commander Red would be fairly applicable to this list seeing as he ran a nationally feared corrupt military organisation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:26 am Reply with quote
TsunaReborn! wrote:
dtm42 wrote:
^

I agree, I've personally never seen Cell as a leader as he was created (but not completed) by Dr. Gero and doesn't have a group that he commands.

Now staying on a Dragonball trend Commander Red would be fairly applicable to this list seeing as he ran a nationally feared corrupt military organisation.

then i guess those mini cell juniors dont count then.

though there is a valid point with commander red. i forgot about him. kinda odd he got snubbed for freiza.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3