• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan Manga Sells Over 30 Million

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pykrete

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:51 am Reply with quote
Woah.

Okay you two, here's the thing - the longer an internet argument continues - the bigger fools both sides of the argument look like. BOTH sides.

Even though in the other thread, I spent like just five minutes a post and maybe 1-2 posts a day. 10 minutes per if there's a Google Trends chart involved cause I had to print-screen, etc.

So, just in that other thread - I probably already wasted more than an hour. Probably two.

I'm just not going to repeat that in this thread or in another thread. Way more better things to do. OK?

And yes, if it helps you two to stop and sleep better at night - I don't care - you can have the last word.
sim0n2170

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:54 am Reply with quote
bigivel wrote:
sim0n2170 wrote:
Why does the wiki say 36m

36M is print number while 30.37 is the sales! Basically Kodansha made 36 Million books of Attack on Titan and 30.37 Million of those were already bought by customers. The rest are in the stores or in storage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_manga

So that is wrong? It says sales in the column.
bigivel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:02 am Reply with quote
sim0n2170 wrote:
bigivel wrote:
sim0n2170 wrote:

36M is print number while 30.37 is the sales! Basically Kodansha made 36 Million books of Attack on Titan and 30.37 Million of those were already bought by customers. The rest are in the stores or in storage.

In the wiki there is this note.

Some sources provide the number of copies a series has in circulation/print, rather than actually sold, these numbers are denoted by a "†"
Toriko36

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:18 am Reply with quote
This is actually more succesful than One Piece in terms of sales. One piece has over 70 volumes with sales of over 1 mil a volume. AoT has only 13 and already is reaching the 1 mil+ sales.

Good for Hajime and looking forward to more volumes and hopefully a second anime season.
yukimasuka

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Toriko36 wrote:
This is actually more succesful than One Piece in terms of sales. One piece has over 70 volumes with sales of over 1 mil a volume. AoT has only 13 and already is reaching the 1 mil+ sales.

Good for Hajime and looking forward to more volumes and hopefully a second anime season.

Your logic amuses me. Rolling Eyes

@pykrete
Sorry. I'm not a fool if I can do basic math.
Your response has nothing to do with anything. This is an open discussion. You don't have to respond if it too much of a chore for you. But don't go complaining about how much time you put in each response as if you're the only one with a life.
Don't take it so personal.

P.s. I won't sleep better at night or have any sleep at all since I have finals next week. But thanks for being so considerat Wink
sim0n2170

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:48 am Reply with quote
bigivel wrote:
sim0n2170 wrote:
bigivel wrote:
sim0n2170 wrote:

In the wiki there is this note.

Some sources provide the number of copies a series has in circulation/print, rather than actually sold, these numbers are denoted by a "†"

Oh I see now thanks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3