• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ore, Twintail ni Narimasu (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:47 am Reply with quote
If even I - of all people - can see that the faces were derpy, then you just know the episode was badly drawn. There have always been problems with the quality control in this show - like with the back of Tail Blue's costume changing style and colour from frame to frame - but that was small fry to what happened here.

Also, what was with the personalities? Soji went all weird on us, and I don't understand why. Was it just the bump on the head? Falling in love with Dark Grasper? Or was it due to Spidergildy's sword cracking and leaking some sort of elemental power onto Tail Red? Also, don't forget that bizarre scene where Erina put on a leash - in public, no less - and did whatever Twoearle asked. I thought the whole point was to be Soji's pet. And why did Twoearle even grab the leash in the first place?

Yeah, between the poor artistry and the weird personalities, this was a bit of a surreal viewing experience for me.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:11 am Reply with quote
It got pretty bad last episode too. Seemed like there was a whole chunk of the episode missing.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:08 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

Yeah, there were some serious problems with this episode. There were weird breaks all over the place like something was happening making the flow feel off, and even I noticed that there were issues with character designs. Thinking about it even more, I think there were a lot of tricks done to have people talk off screen. Watching Shirobako what was the cause for this episode having such poor quality.

I do kind of wish there were some improvements as having things like spoiler[traps and the dog leash could have worked].
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:35 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
If even I - of all people - can see that the faces were derpy, then you just know the episode was badly drawn. There have always been problems with the quality control in this show - like with the back of Tail Blue's costume changing style and colour from frame to frame - but that was small fry to what happened here. [...]

Yeah, between the poor artistry and the weird personalities, this was a bit of a surreal viewing experience for me.

Haven't posted in a great while, just been lurking. I avoided Twintail because it looked, um... questionable... and, after reading this from dtm42, I may have to watch it just for the lols. Laughing This one sounds like a real winner.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:06 am Reply with quote
with spiderguildy's fetish being girlymen, I'm assuming he took a bit of that from Souji. apparently that trait manifests itself in Souji by his only interest in girls being their twintails. So removing some makes him actually show interest in girls, a fact that has not escaped his mother. that really doesn't make a lot of sense, even for this show, but that seems to be the most logical assumption
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:44 am Reply with quote
@ Bento-Box
It is not all so terrible that it goes around to being interesting. The show is largely soft-core for what you might expect, and I think largely makes fun of its target audience.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:17 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I think a lot of people were expecting another Daimidaler from this show, but fanservice wise it's been extremely tame. It's a show that plays its silly premise straight and has a fun time doing it.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:53 am Reply with quote
Thankfully this episode looked much better than the last two.

So Souji spoiler['cheated' on twintails and it's made him weaker. We've seen elemerians with more than one attribute so hopefully he can learn it's okay to like more than just twintails. In the meantime now that he's a girl he's learning that having twintails isn't easy and now he can appreciate them more.]

Despite her temper, Aika is such a sweetheart. Makes me mad the public doesn't appreciate her. I hope she wins Souji some day.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

At least the quality was better in this episode.

Was driving me nutty where I had heard Worm Guildy before, and after checking the page I realised that it was Momon from the Fairy Tail movie (weird duck thing), or also that she did Bayleef in Pokémon which also sounds familiar for some reason.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Lol, they fought a spoiler[worm] in the latest episode. I wonder what else this show has in stored Very Happy

Oh wait, I think we got a little glimpse of our next antagonist coming into play at the end of the latest episode.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone besides me see a strong genetic linkage between Twoearle and Nyaruko? Both are lovable pervy girls who never give up being perverted no matter how many times they get beat up for it. They even look alike.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:52 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Does anyone besides me see a strong genetic linkage between Twoearle and Nyaruko?

I have thought about the similarities, maybe one reason I like her.

Episode 12 (finale)

So he was spoiler[feeling bad in thinking that he was not showing enough love for twintails and subconsciously went towards a false love of them which weakened him]. We got a scene of him spoiler[meeting his inner twintails before transforming with stronger twintails]. You often can't tell if this show is being serious or not. I do think that if Spider Guildy was meant to spoiler[be turning males into "girly boys" it made no sense why some had breasts, and they mostly looked the same].

This show was so weird, and I think that is why I enjoyed it so much. We had a clueless protagonist who was blinded by his love for twintails, which almost looks like it is that he is overly attracted. A childhood friend with tsundere qualities who is can be the violent type, but I don't think she ever used that violence was used against Souji, they managed to even get some funny jokes out of her being thought as a villain and her insecurity of places. The violence was largely towards Twoearle who could be deadly serious one second before being ridiculous and perverted the next, her whim being very fun. Erina was a little later, and I think they kind of messed up when she went from serious lover of heroes to a rampaging masochistic exhibitionist, although going crazy was funny.

There were some quality problems here and there, one episode in particular really stood out, but I like to think its fun stood out besides that. Its plot made no sense, it knew that and took the concept for a ride with serious speeches over silly things, villains who might question if they really are causing much damage beyond being creepy (in an almost charming way), and the best anime harem mum ever. I rate it Good, it looks like it might be perverted mess like some other series, but I found it very fun.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:16 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
but I like to think its fun stood out besides that. Its plot made no sense, it knew that and took the concept for a ride with serious speeches over silly things, villains who might question if they really are causing much damage beyond being creepy (in an almost charming way), and the best anime harem mum ever. I rate it Good, it looks like it might be perverted mess like some other series, but I found it very fun.

I think this anime's biggest failing is that the villains (except Grasper) are all expressionless avatars with all the acting in the voices. They could have gotten a lot more humor out of the subject matter if they had used talented artists to draw human faces trying to be serious amidst all the goofy subject matter.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3