• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Kana Hanazawa, Hiroshi Kamiya Lead in Favorite Voice Actor Poll

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:33 am Reply with quote
There are a loooooooooot of "unknowns" cast as leads and supporting main roles nowadays. Idol and other similar types of series can attest to this. Though it's partially due to non-interested, I don't think I can name a single seiyuu in Idolm@ster or Love Live!. Even if you did tell me some of their names, I probably wouldn't recognize them.

Anyway, happy with Kamiya, of course. Personally I would've put Sawashiro above Hanazawa, but that's me.

No matter what the rank results are, there's always going to be people who are satisfied with the results, and those who are not. I think it's pretty impossible to be impartial and people always have their preferences regardless of whether or not the person is "talented."

I, for one, think that Kamiya is a very, very talented actor. I can't even begin to describe how talented he is. (Anyone listen to Tsumi no Shitone mo Nureru Yoru 2? Blew. My. Mind.) Just when I think I've got an idea of how good he is, he blows me away again with an even more spectacular performance. My criteria for "talent" is someone who continues to surprise and amaze me. Of the younger generation, Hanae Natsuki falls under this category.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:51 am Reply with quote
Just-another-face wrote:
I'd have to agree. Miyuki Sawashiro and Maaya Sakamoto are so overused that their voices just get on my nerves nowadays.

While I know the obvious answer would be to just not watch some of the shows that they are in, you could also watch the shows that they are in but mute the sound.
PmChivas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:17 am Reply with quote
Krey wrote:
Takehito Koyasu is #24? Complete balls. Romi Park at #26 is sad as well. I do love Hiroshi Kamiya though!

I raise my fist and shake it in anger with you over the placement of Takehito Koyasu at 24th place. Do they have any sense!! Why I oughta....But I should be happy that Akira Ishida at least made the top 15 placing at #11 which is still too low for me.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:31 am Reply with quote
PmChivas wrote:
Krey wrote:
Takehito Koyasu is #24? Complete balls. Romi Park at #26 is sad as well. I do love Hiroshi Kamiya though!

I raise my fist and shake it in anger with you over the placement of Takehito Koyasu at 24th place. Do they have any sense!! Why I oughta....But I should be happy that Akira Ishida at least made the top 15 placing at #11 which is still too low for me.

I think it's kind of natural that the higher-placed seiyuu are ones that are more active recently. Most people who voted on the poll were probably not watching anime (or born?) when most in Koyasu's generation were in their prime.

As for Ishida... Well, Kira and Athrun continue to rank high on character polls to this day, so yeah.... ^^;
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:43 am Reply with quote
dark_bozu wrote:
KutovoiAnton wrote:
And it also saddens me that there's no Jouji Nakata, Norio Wakamoto or Akio Ohtsuka in the males top-30.

Well, they aren't voiced any popular bishounen so it's not surprising.

Norio Wakamoto voiced Yusuke Amade in Sailor Moon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3