• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Prosecutors Detail Alleged Threats Against Pokémon World Championships

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OncelostLu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Bloodgod wrote:
DarioITA wrote:

That's not a problem, the only problem I see about this story is both they just have the shit in their brains.

Judging by the responses my comment got in this thread, maybe it's just me then. But after I got to certain age, I wanted nothing to do with people that much younger than me.

It's like you look back on all the stupid shit you did when you were that old, and see that they and their friends still do that shit. I'm past that. I don't want to do that stuff again.

I have a similar frame of thinking. Typically, the older you are, the more mature you become. A maturity gap between a 27 year old and 18 year old is typically quite large. That gap usually leads to some sort of annoyance or just enough differences in outlook or what not, that a gap that large is somewhat unusual. Granted, this is not the norm, as it IS entirely possible to be friends with someone much younger or older.

That being said, I suspect there is some sort of mental issue here. Not that it excuses these actions, but I do agree with you on this.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:11 am Reply with quote
A lot of older anime fans are still stuck on juvenile panty humor, so it's not entirely improbable.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:03 am Reply with quote
To give you an idea of how long they could serve, Boston criminal defense law firm, Urbellis Law, mentioned the following on their site;
Quote:
Illegal Possession of a Firearm
In Massachusetts, gun possession is highly regulated and firearm crimes are strictly enforced.

Unless you fit into one of the narrow statutory exemptions, under MGL c. 269 s. 10, you face a mandatory minimum 18 months in jail, up to 5 years in state prison, if you do:
Knowingly possess, or knowingly have in your control in a vehicle
A firearm, loaded or unloaded
WITHOUT either:
being present in your residence or place of business; or
having in effect a license to carry firearms issued under MGL c. 140 s. 131 or MGL c. 140 s. 131F; or
having complied with the provisions of MGL c. 140 s. 129C and MGL c. 140 s. 131G; or
having complied as to possession of an air rifle or BB gun and while
knowingly in possession, or knowingly in control in a vehicle
of a shotgun or rifle
without any of the foregoing exceptions; or
without having in effect a firearms identification card issued under MGL c. 140 s. 129B.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Thous two Mindless emotionally charged idiots, obsessed with revenge! I don't care if they're screwing up their own lives, but too threaten or harm countless other innocent children...they deserve whatever charges are filed against them. Mad

Seriously, taking hunting rifles to Boston, to payback for being kicked out of forums is pretty immature thing to do.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
Thous two Mindless emotionally charged idiots, obsessed with revenge! I don't care if they're screwing up their own lives, but too threaten or harm countless other innocent children...they deserve whatever charges are filed against them. Mad

Seriously, taking hunting rifles to Boston, to payback for being kicked out of forums is pretty immature thing to do.

They're not children (though they may think like them). The majority of competitive Pokémon players are not children either.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3