• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 6 Smarties with Blue Hair

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polycell

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:29 pm Reply with quote
CCTakato wrote:
What about Honoka from Pretty Cure or is her hair more purple than blue?
Her hair's "purple that's meant to be black" colored, taking a fresh look at things.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I would've like to see Fairy Tail's Levy in there.

As for the poll, voted for Blade. Nothing to do with the anime, purely from what I've read in the comics. Laughing
treatment

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:38 pm Reply with quote
John Thacker wrote:
Hoshino Ruri deserves a mention.

seriously...

Foxaika

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:14 am Reply with quote
I like how most of the discussion is about borderline cases because of weird hair color rather than the actual characters that were chosen. Laughing
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:51 am Reply with quote
Blue21 wrote:
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:
what about these two?

Konata hardly counts as smart from what I remember. I don't know who the other one is.

i don't know which episode it is.. but Konata spent most of her time playing games and watching anime + sleeping during class

yet. when it's test time she will cram the night before and get pretty good scores on all tests..

these type of people.. if they put as much time in studying instead of gaming and watching anime.. Wink

The other girl is E.T (Erio Touwa) from http://myanimelist.net/anime/9379/Denpa_Onna_to_Seishun_Otoko

it was episode 1 or 2.. i can't remember which one for sure.. she can solve a problem with ease.. other than that the series didn't go deep into it beside her being some weirdo going around wrapped in a futon...

smart people are weird in one way or another for some reason Laughing

also -- Clannad series

Last edited by AnimeAddict2014 on Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total
partially

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:56 am Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Although Shiro is actually white-haired, I can see how her supreme mastery of gaming would earn her the No. 1 slot. Smile

Is there any confirmation anywhere of what her hair colour actually is? I do think it is white. But due to the art-style of the show you pretty much never see it untinted by shades of other colours. (Usually blue.)
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:58 am Reply with quote
@partially

According to the light novel* (Yen Press edition) Shiro has pure white hair and red eyes. The color illustrations on the cover and in the front of the book show it as white at the crown and blue tinted shading to red as it gets longer.

*Volume 1 page 13.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:25 am Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
@partially

According to the light novel* (Yen Press edition) Shiro has pure white hair and red eyes. The color illustrations on the cover and in the front of the book show it as white at the crown and blue tinted shading to red as it gets longer.

*Volume 1 page 13.

Well, if that's the case, then sometimes having a color in artwork that is different than what is said in a light novel could be deemed contradictory or misleading.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Besides the characters that could have been on the list, I may or may not agree, but whatever works, lol.

Also, I really laughed/cringed when someone put "Hoss Delgado" on the list, I mean seriously, c'mon guys! X3

But yeah, the obvious poll choices to come out on top would be Alucard and/or Joestar on the list, but I'd know there might be surprises on a poll usually.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:21 pm Reply with quote
@Kadmos1

It is not really contradictory. It is most likely simply artistic license from the illustrator. They thought it would make a better picture.

If you need a consistent explanation, it is colored light from a near by source or reflected off a near by object. White hair would look like any color projected on it.

Mostly you are just over thinking the whole thing.
Melicans

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:29 pm Reply with quote
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:
what about these two?

Erio is an amazing character, and quite possibly my favourite anime character of all, but she's quite a ways off from being a "smartie". By no means is she dumb either, but she wouldn't qualify for this list. Nor would Meme.

Nymph from Heaven's Lost Property would be an omitted smartie though.

It's also worth noting that the author and illustrator of No Game No Life is the same person; he described Shiro as having white hair and coloured it alternatively simply because that is what fits the look of Disboard. Pretty much every character in the series has a palette altered to reflect the feel of that world.

Anyone remember that time Bulma had purple hair?
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:44 am Reply with quote
What about blue (occasionally based on animation colors) haired people. Kinda teal-colored. Sometimes it's clearly blue, sometimes its clearly green... So at least honorary in my book.

Canal Vorfeed from Lost Universe. I can't say much about her other than that she's the soul of the ship without spoilers. spoiler[Toward the end you find out she's either a 'god', a fragment of such, or just a manifistation of such. Either way being one of the most ancient beings of her entire world entitles her to know everything there is to know pretty much.]
Tamaria

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:28 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
Tamaria wrote:
Touma wrote:
^
I did an image search for Bulma and in about half of the pictures she has blue hair, in the others it is green.
Did her hair color change? I am not a Dragon Ball fan and have seen very little of the show.

Hasn't it always been a shade of turquoise? Turquoise (and cyan in general) can look more blue or green depending on lighting and so on.

Or it was Toei's budget & time constrains that forced the animators to use what that episode's director wanted, and couldn't align the material to fit with the other teams'.

But aren't the colours to be used for characters generally set in stone?
Fatt_One

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:29 am Reply with quote
I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but in both the original manga and the anime, Bulma states her hair color is blue, despite it being very different colors between mediums.

In the manga it was blue, blue violet and purple, Toriyama seemed to always forget what colors characters were supposed to be.

In the anime it's consistently turquoise but bizarrely it still seemed to imply her hair matched trunks' like in the manga.

either way Bulma says blue.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:17 am Reply with quote
Lelei La Lelena from GATE is a character I like.

She is young but mature and seems to be quite well educated.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4