• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/Stay Night, Psycho-Pass Film Win Top Newtype Awards

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black Thunder 6

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Razor/Edge wrote:
Say what you will about Aldnoah.Zero, (i personally really liked it), but it deserved to win the soundtrack award. There are only a few anime that I so vividly remember the soundtrack from, and this anime is one of them.

That is incredibly sad especially since there's nothing remarkable about it and its just Sawano once again copypasting from the vastly superior Unicorn again like he's been doing for 4 years now.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:51 am Reply with quote
Happy to see UBW and SNAFU TOO! getting some love! Just wish it was Yui, and not Yukino, who won the character poll. Razz
Olaole

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:03 am Reply with quote
Newtype showing off the terrible taste it has once more. It's amazing how streamlined and narrowminded the audience of that magazine is.

Also, best mecha design and SAO2? Were there even mechs?!
normalsnowflake

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:40 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Giving Fate/stay night:UBW the award for best series once again proves that Japanese otaku have shit taste.

Though, I am still surprised that SNAFU (a actual well made show) is getting love from Japanese otaku.

Fate/stay night is a beautiful exercise in the emotional craft of storytelling. It isn't a story about mythological heroes going at war. It's a story about the importance of what heroes represent, and fighting for those ideals. Tightly plotted, thematically consistent, emotionally affecting, and incredibly layered. There's so much more to Fate/stay night than there may seem to be at first glance

UBW's story glides across the surface of an enormous ocean of philosophy. The anime simultaneously questions the metamorphosis of human ideals, man's quest for heroism, etc.

There are thousands of themes seamlessly woven together. Idealism vs Utilitarianism, the importance of hope in the face of adversity, wishes as an inherently selfish act, cultural expectations of good and evil, the contradictory nature of child heroes, redemption, and a whole bunch mythic revisionism and allegory to top it all off.

Don't get me started on the anime itself, every frame tells a second, sometimes even third narrative underneath the first. I think it's statement to its greatness.

Nasu crafted not a game, not a "story", but a universe. It's every bit as detailed, every bit as supple and responsive as ours. It's a moving Sistine Chapel ceiling.

[Edit]: removed the snark & the large image link. Erinundra.
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Olaole wrote:
Newtype showing off the terrible taste it has once more. It's amazing how streamlined and narrowminded the audience of that magazine is.

Also, best mecha design and SAO2? Were there even mechs?!

It's literally just all Aniplex titles and like one from Kadokawa which publishes the magazine. I'm not even sure anything else was even allowed to be nominated.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3