• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix to Stream P.A. Works' Kuromukuro Anime Series Worldwide

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkdeath174

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:59 am Reply with quote
nubguy wrote:
The reason it is delayed like that is because Netflix always waits for a show's season to finish airing before putting episodes up to accommodate binge watchers. The other benefit is that it will most likely come with a dub of the series on netflix, so it will be worth the wait.

Besides, Funimation are the only ones doing broadcast dubs right now, save for Durarara on Crunchyroll. So I think it makes sense to release it that way. I'm a dub fan so I might be biased lol

Nextflix has no problem putting out weekly episodes of shows. They do it in Canada for a few US shows that they've picked up, they then put them up right after the airing.

Netflix just want to put it out in a batch with a dub, which I tend not to watch. So they just end up pissing people off who'd like to watch it well it's current, I was looking forward to this show hoping it might be good.

It'd be great of they'd put episodes out even if a week behind the broadcast, that at least kills the need for speed subs.

I'd love to see a break down of which is watched more for the shows they've picked up. The Japanese vs the languages they've dubbed it into
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:03 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Typically, people who sign up for Netflix, do it to binge watch.

Or, they just want to watch Daredevil...like me...who's taken 2 months to get through most of the first season. I've left the binging to others. Laughing
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:49 am Reply with quote
Cool for them I guess. I wish they'd either put it up episode-by-episode or be so involved that it's a legit Netflix Original and it launches first and fully on Netflix.

The type of anime this is (late night) buys its time slot on Japanese TV anyways, doesn't it? Would it really matter if the whole thing was up on Netflix the day the first episode aired? It's not like the TV ratings will matter anyways. The show doesn't have to earn it's spot. The spot was earned and secured when they put money in the broadcaster's pocket.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:51 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

Typically, people who sign up for Netflix, do it to binge watch.

Or, they just want to watch Daredevil...like me...who's taken 2 months to get through most of the first season. I've left the binging to others. Laughing

Ergh, Daredevil................ et tu brute

Mr. sickVisionz wrote:

The type of anime this is (late night) buys its time slot on Japanese TV anyways, doesn't it? Would it really matter if the whole thing was up on Netflix the day the first episode aired?

With the tight "just in the nick of time" production schedule anime usually go by, the episodes get finished just the week of their airing. So the first week, there won't be much finished beyond the first episode, let alone the whole series.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:14 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Ergh, Daredevil................ et tu brute

What can I say? Has been one of my favourite Marvel characters for 20 years now...wanted to see what they did with him. Plus, winning 3 months of free Netflix didn't hurt either. Laughing
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Hey, Daredevil kicked ass and I will debate anyone who prefers the Affleck version.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:56 pm Reply with quote
I think Netflix has failed this with this so far: delaying it for several days. I don't care if they have worldwide streaming rights, if fans are paying a monthly subscription and they know the fans want to watch the show, they could/should have debuted it on Friday.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3