• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fairy Tail Manga to Have 'Important News' on July 27

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TokyoSplash

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:13 am Reply with quote
Nekelen Tinsley wrote:
LMFAO People say they dropped it yet they want it to end, i guess y'all wont be satisfied until the mangas gone forever huh,cause y'all aint watching or reading it so its not affecting you an any way. You just think it would would be cool to express you opinion on a topic that literally has nothing to do with you anymore(you know since you dropped it) but people have to throw in their 2 cents i guess.You type of people crack me up the same way people talk about bleach when the manga said its ending they say they dropped it and they haven't read it in god knows how long yet they still feel the need to say end it,when they dont even read it. Im not saying the mangas great or anything(in all honestly its been BAD for a LONG time know in terms of story although i still enjoy the characters to some extent) and as a person who reads the manga i wouldn't have any complaints if it was to be the final arc but if you haven't read the latest material then why do you have any reason to complain( guess hiro really left his marks on you people to where you cant even get on with your lives LOL). I honesty dont care what the announcement is probably a new anime tho.
So much this. Some of you are some clowns.
Miyamoto-chan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:36 am Reply with quote
I wonder what this is to Me guess would be the ending
immblueversion

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:45 am Reply with quote
BringBackUzume wrote:
Hameyadea wrote:
Cursemark505 wrote:
You two do realise that a movie was already announced, right? I know they haven't mentioned much about it but wow.

To be fair, the movie was announced... and that's it. No staff, plot, concept art, promotional art, or interviews. Just that there's a movie project, and the studio involved. So without an ongoing anime to use as a platform, any news will be revealed through the manga.

They showed concept art for the movie. This is the only thing we know about the movie so far.
http://i.imgur.com/s8tbA0z.jpg

I wouldn't say that. There's also this image: http://66.media.tumblr.com/116cb487ce5842f343e4bf43fc9720ad/tumblr_o1yhnnhPca1txc1gno1_1280.jpg
Catsplay

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:56 am Reply with quote
Hoping its them announcing when the 3rd anime series starts airing. Hiro already confirmed the anime would be back, and now there's enough material to justify it.
immblueversion

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:03 am Reply with quote
ETX wrote:
After the chapter that came out today, it's like the entire past years worth of buildup is practically pointless and has been reset. Anyone thinking it's going to be ending anytime soon is delirious. There's still quite a lot of stuff left to cover which should easily provide another year's worth of chapters at the least.

True, the manga could go on for a while longer, but not for the reasons you may think. According to the afterword in Volume 52 of the manga, Mashima said there's "a bit of a secret reason" why he decided there should be so damn many enemies in this story arc. With that in mind, it only seems natural that Mashima spoiler[brought all of the Spriggan 12 back (and for those who wish more more character deaths, at least God Serena, Wall and Bradman are still technically dead)]. To say he did that just to make the arc go on for twice as long seems far too obvious.

Whatever he's going to do, he's obviously saving something for Chapter 500. He always drops some kind of major story development every 50 chapters. Let us count the times this has happened:

Chapter 50: Lucy's origins are explored for the first time.
    Chapter 100: The Tower of Heaven arc ends.
    Chapter 150: Igneel's image is shown when Natsu roars, foreshadowing that spoiler[he's inside Natsu.]
    Chapter 200: Zeref appears for the first time.
    Chapter 250: Zeref "awakens".
    Chapter 300: The dragons' history is revealed.
    Chapter 350: The demons of the Book of Zeref reenter the picture.
    Chapter 400: spoiler[Igneel returns.]
    Chapter 450: Mavis and Zeref's history reaches its climax.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:11 am Reply with quote
Maybe its the ending of the manga as well the final season But it would be awesome if Ichiya gets his own spin off
Baggie_Saiyan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Shirohae wrote:
Coolback wrote:
LaughingElbow wrote:
Entering final stretch and will end soon?

Please yes, please yes, need the end of this shit.

LOL THIS! I dropped FT cause of how repetitive it was and it turned into a hentai...

If you dropped it then why are you a) commenting b) want it to end?

I don't understand these types of comments.
Catsplay

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Shirohae wrote:
Coolback wrote:
LaughingElbow wrote:
Entering final stretch and will end soon?

Please yes, please yes, need the end of this shit.

LOL THIS! I dropped FT cause of how repetitive it was and it turned into a hentai...

If you dropped it then why are you a) commenting b) want it to end?

I don't understand these types of comments.

They're the worse of the worst when it comes to the anime fandom. They don't care if other people enjoy a series and look forward to it, if they don't enjoy it then it should end because their word is law. Ugh.
Gasero

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm just here to complain that this is an announcement of an announcement.

People who keep complaining that Fairy Tail should end might be better off doing themselves a favor and not caring about Fairy Tail anymore.
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:52 pm Reply with quote
TokyoSplash wrote:
Nekelen Tinsley wrote:
LMFAO People say they dropped it yet they want it to end, i guess y'all wont be satisfied until the mangas gone forever huh,cause y'all aint watching or reading it so its not affecting you an any way. You just think it would would be cool to express you opinion on a topic that literally has nothing to do with you anymore(you know since you dropped it) but people have to throw in their 2 cents i guess.You type of people crack me up the same way people talk about bleach when the manga said its ending they say they dropped it and they haven't read it in god knows how long yet they still feel the need to say end it,when they dont even read it. Im not saying the mangas great or anything(in all honestly its been BAD for a LONG time know in terms of story although i still enjoy the characters to some extent) and as a person who reads the manga i wouldn't have any complaints if it was to be the final arc but if you haven't read the latest material then why do you have any reason to complain( guess hiro really left his marks on you people to where you cant even get on with your lives LOL). I honesty dont care what the announcement is probably a new anime tho.
So much this. Some of you are some clowns.

For me I usually end up not caring anymore before long if I don't like or stop liking something, kind of what's like happening with my situation with anime in general. I'd say I become more indifferent to things than angered by them in the ultimate long run if they just keep making the same old tired mistakes. It starts to become less of a "Why the fudge are they doing this?" and more of a "Well they clearly just can't help themselves" reaction to the situation. It is funny how bitterly angry some of the long running shonen action series aimed at teenage audiences seems to make people though.
Shinuki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Ahmazein wrote:

And i get that there is a bunch of fan service, but at the same time, Hiro isn't exact;y forcing these fan servicing moments to form canon ships and all that, he directly stays on to the plot and story, he just adds them in there, and they tend to usually take one maybe 1 panel, which isn't all that much.

You're kidding right? or maybe you're reading other Fairy Tail, because the thing that Mashima most do in this shit is forcing useless fanservice all the time, maybe you don't remember, but he made a fuccking dragon with the power of take people's clothes off!!!! just for the sake of the useless fanservice he used one dragon to force fanservice into the readers during a very serious arc, that was one of the most pathetic moments in Fairy Tail. Not to mention when he publishes 2 chapters per week, but instead of using the second to give more content, he uses to make fillers full of useless fanservice.
Sacto0562

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:28 pm Reply with quote
The possibility of the manga ending may not be far-fetched. After all, Mashima has posted on social media concept sketches of a totally new character design that has nothing to do with Fairy Tail, In fact, it could be the announcement there will be one more major story arc, then the series ends and a few weeks after Fairy Tail ends a totally new series starts.

After all, it's super-rare that a single mangaka can work on a single title for an extremely long period of time; the only examples I know of are Osamu Akimoto's Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo and Takao Saito's Golgo 13.
CatSword

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Mashima's going to start drawing female nipples? Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Baggie_Saiyan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Catsplay wrote:
They're the worse of the worst when it comes to the anime fandom. They don't care if other people enjoy a series and look forward to it, if they don't enjoy it then it should end because their word is law. Ugh.

Exactly. Like there are loads of shows I dislike or have dropped but guess what I don't bother wasting my time on them and move on, I don't want to waste my time discussing nor do I want to waste other peoples time. If one must comment being civil is a thing, but saying things like "yes this shit could be ending" as opposed to "this series was never for me so I wouldn't be too sad if it is ending", rubs me the wrong way.

Anyway, I watch the show as FUNi bring it out and don't read the Manga so I am a bit ways behind, but I still loving the show and I thought the Tartorus arc is off to a fantastic start, can't wait for more. If the Manga does end then hopefully there is a few more arcs, I believe that the Manga is 2 arcs ahead of where the anime ended.

Also I completely forgot about the movie. If the announcement is anime related then it is probably that, too soon of a new series announcement (believe series 2 was announced in December), I really enjoyed the first movie so I am game for a second.
Heishi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Maybe there will be an arc that gets the girls buff or something... Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4