• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Atlus Debuts Persona 5 Launch Trailer, Limits Player Streaming Due to Spoilers

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hunter Sopko

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:47 pm Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:
Hunter Sopko wrote:
dark13 wrote:
huh Atlus an understanding company asking nicely to people not to spoil the game for others, while pieces of shits who are scum of the earth ( aka "fans" ) are giving them shit for asking something reasonable, these are the type of people who 1 should get a life and 2 stop being such dick bags to Atlus USA who want people to experience the game like the Japanese did. ( but I'm wasting time talking to thick headed morons)

This is probably A-Grade troll bait, but either way it makes me recall all those times I was strapped down and forced against my will to watch all those spoilers via LPs.
I could say the same thing about this comment, with your actual post I can't tell if your being serious (I'll just assume your joking since no one in the right mind would say this) but hey this reminds me of the time someone posted a spoiler here with with out using the spoiler tag of A anime and I was totally forced to read it, same thing here if people are gonna post their shit, how about you [expletive] add a spoiler in the thump nail ? look I get that its really hard to do and its like rocket science, but thats when you, know ? put [expletive] effort so people who want to play the game don't have to be spoil ?

The difference being that by watching an LP or a Stream, you know fully what you are engaging in and there is a reasonable expectation of spoilers. It's on you at that point. That's a world of difference between someone posting untagged spoilers and coming across them accidentally. Given this, my point was that if it was really about spoilers, they're going about it in the entirely wrong way, because it's utterly impossible to stop people from intentionally or unintentionally spoiling people via text.
Case in point, people responded to the Twitter and Facebook posting of "No Streaming Cause Spoilers" by... spoiling the game. It's an act driven purely out of monetary considerations, and the Spoilers thing is just a flimsy excuse so they don't have to come and outright say that. Given they waited until the day the game came out gives you an idea they knew this would have a negative sales and PR effect.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Yuvelir wrote:

Capture cards and stuff exist for 3DS, don't they?

Your guess is as good as mine.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3