• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Franchise Get 1st New Novel in 9 Years

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:02 pm Reply with quote
pachy_boy wrote:
but 11's final chapter still had a final roll call with all the characters, and left a tantalizing hint of what was to come in spoiler[Haruhi's and Kyon's] future--it honestly left me feeling uncertain if there really was anything more to say or explore.

A hint is not an end. Usually plot lines, questions, and mysteries have to be resolved. And if a series is to end, fans usually want to know how their favorite characters end up.

Though a lot of times, fans don't get what they want. It sounds like the author had more stories to tell, but circumstances didn't let him finish the series conclusively. Now perhaps he can.
nargun

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Quote:
will digitally release

My hype died lol. I need the full physical collection ASAP!

Learn bookbinding. I have a v1 of haruhi I printed and bound myself from the fan translation, it's not that hard.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
What exactly is the point of region-locking ebooks? It has happened previously a few times, for example when trying to purchase a volume 'Killing slimes for 300 years', but at least that time it was still available on Kobo as ebook...

Licensing restrictions.
Gurren Rodan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:53 pm Reply with quote
What a delightful surprise this is! I look forward to picking this up when it prints - as well as the rest of the series if they make it! (missed out the first time)

I'm basically past waiting for any more anime. As much as I enjoy the series (yes, BOTH seasons, and the film), I don't get the impression Kadokawa or KyoAni have been interested in working together again for a while now - not to mention the hard times KyoAni is dealing with now.
...Still, if it COULD happen... There's plenty more material to cover, and some very good stuff too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3