• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz's Release of Mr. Osomatsu Anime's 1st Season Will Not Include Episode 1

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Kicksville wrote:
Lord Geo wrote:
Lenks wrote:
Really? Do you happen to know why?

For Gundam Ep 15, the most Tomino has ever said essentially equates to "The responsible party knows what they did," and we'll likely never know the real answer for its international ban.

Although it's possible there could be other reasons, it's widely believed to be because the episode frequently has embarrassingly poor animation.

The original Gundam is filled with all manner of poor animation, and Episode 15 isn't really any notably different to be worth excising for that reason. Most of OG Gundam's most meme-worthy images come from pretty much any episode but 15, so I highly doubt that it alone was deemed worthy of Tomino's hatred because of poor animation.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
The original Gundam is filled with all manner of poor animation, and Episode 15 isn't really any notably different to be worth excising for that reason. Most of OG Gundam's most meme-worthy images come from pretty much any episode but 15, so I highly doubt that it alone was deemed worthy of Tomino's hatred because of poor animation.

If you don't think the off model sequences in Doan's Island are particularly notable, sure, that's fair enough - there's others to choose from. It is absolutely something the episode is known for, though.

In any case, that's why I say "widely believed". It's the most obviously negative aspect of the episode, so that tends to get brought up as the most obvious possibility.
noblesse oblige

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:28 am Reply with quote
Sad, as I really enjoyed the parodies in that first episode which blew my mind as a style of comedy I’d never seen before, but I still plan on buying the Blu Ray for Osomatsu-san, one of my favorite anime comedies of all time Smile
Gurren Rodan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:23 am Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
Okay, but are they including the replacement episode 1 in the release like the Japanese before it?

This would be nice, I think. Episode 1 was an excellent way to introduce the show, and its sense of humor, to a new audience. I don't know what the replacement episode looks like, but it would be nice to salvage at least some of what was done.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3