• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: My Senpai Is Annoying

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:56 pm Reply with quote
One of the few times I wasn't disappointed the two main characters didn't hook-up and became a legitimate couple. They nailed the landing this final episode and it was the perfect series to just veg out and watch the light-weight shenanigans.
Piglet the Grate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:10 pm Reply with quote
njprogfan wrote:
One of the few times I wasn't disappointed the two main characters didn't hook-up and became a legitimate couple.

Igarashi and Takeda could still get together, since the manga in ongoing.

Based on the rate of manga releases, not likely to have a second anime season for two or three more years.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Honestly his wording at the end was perfect. “I don’t know who you’ll end up with in the future. I will be there till you do.” He likes her cooking and the hint was while invited out he wanted to get back to her. She has feelings for him as well. I could see a deep dive in season two of these characters growing relationship. Enjoyed the animation and wacky story.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Considering how much the second half seemed to focus on Sakurai and Kazama's relationship, I'm glad the focus shifted back to Futaba and Takeda's relationship.

Futaba's feelings for Takeda are more clear now what with how happy she is for his successes, how lonely she is without him, how she's jealous when gets the attention of the other girls in the office, and how she can't bring herself to ask if he likes her like she did before.

Seeing Futaba first joining the company, with her hair down, and meeting everyone was really fun. And seeing how she met Takeda and how it started off rocky because he thought she was in junior high, only for them to get stuck together, was very them. And the rest is history.

This was just a really fun and wholesome office romcom and Doga Kobo knocked it out of the park. I would love to watch a season 2 at some point.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3