• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Satoshi Mizukami's Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer Manga Gets TV Anime This Summer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:50 am Reply with quote
Planet With was a bust but the basic plot itself was an issue. Lets's hope that his best manga after Spirit Circle can work out. The director and adaption writer suck but the manga is quite good. The studio only needs to stick to the page and not power through 10 volumes in just one cour. Now let's see who we get.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jindujun93

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:52 am Reply with quote
Casval Rem Deikun wrote:
Nice, this was a really nice surprise! Maybe Seven Seas will reprint this damn series again....
I'm telling you, Seven Seas is in competition with Dark Horse of who can out of print their series the fastest.

At the very least, there's some sort of precedent set here. Back when the 2019 Boogiepop anime got announced, Seven Seas actually reprinted the volumes and translated two new ones they didn't do before (though unfortunately didn't continue after that), and I'd argue that Boogiepop was even more niche than Samidare is, so at least there's a chance for reprints.
Saffire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:43 am Reply with quote
I hope this is good, I was so happy when I first saw the announcement. I don't really need it to be a lavishly animated production - Mizukami's own artistic merits aren't anything to write home about - just don't wreck the story.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:37 am Reply with quote
This is really great news, but it being announced ~6 months from the air date on top of wanting to adapt the entire manga makes me nervous
OniTasku

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Congratulations, Mizukami-sensei! I never stopped believing!

Also, Planet With is not his latest project. Mizukami started publishing World End Solte (Saihate no Solte) in 2020 and it was licensed by Seven Seas back in September. It currently has 2 volumes out, and he mentioned that he'll be moving towards a more consistent publishing schedule once Planet With is wrapped up.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:30 am Reply with quote
Amazing! An absolute classic manga.

(Also, I'm still waiting on a Bluray release of Planet With, so maybe this will expedite that? Hope springs eternal.)
theNightster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:27 pm Reply with quote
A manga that ended in 2010 getting animated this year. I didn’t see that coming, maybe this gives me hope that other manga that have ended ages ago will get adaptations too
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3