• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Level 1 Demon Lord and One Room Hero (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Another show finished. While I was not a fan of all the characters, most of them are pretty fun and some redeemed themselves somewhat. I like how we slowly learned more about the heroes of old and how they met/worked together. In the present day there was the conflict between heroes/countries and that was handled pretty well in the end. Each hero helped in once again achieving peace and Yuria ended up being a surprise in multiple ways. I do still wonder about the ghost lady in the closet though....
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:23 am Reply with quote
I still think that might be Yuria (despite having different seiyuu). But...she's literally out of the closet now? And no one sees her in the corner? Wth? Plus her Ring crawl through the monitor. Smile I don't even know...

Wouldn't mind seeing more from this series. But I'm not holding my breath.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:17 am Reply with quote
Yuria turned out to be... the mother of the girl from the park, Sara, which has layers of wholesome sweetness involved, from Sara learning how to play badminton the way Max and Mou did to Sara's mom not randomly pawning of her daughter to some stranger but because she has absolute faith in her friend, Max the Hero.

Back to zero about the ghost though. She seems to hate Fred and is haunting Max or his apartment but why even include her if that's it?

Zuria took down Simms by accident when all the data she stole was stolen in turn. Right now, Fred thinks she did it intentionally so he may feel he owes her something. This is the best possible paring in the series; Fred needs the physical power she offers, Zuria needs to fall in with someone with more brain power than Max or the Demon Lord.

I would have sworn the ghost would have possessed Zuria seeing how she has zip for magical defenses but... oh well.

Leo... Leo started weird, still is weird. I like him but even his own crew don't know what to do with him.

Max and the Demon Lord... I don't think I even have to say it at this point, he lost the second the Demon Lord said, "you won't get to eat my food anymore".

Overall, I really liked the show but it's strange that the show ends with the world in a good spot but all the main characters still in transition.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:54 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

It has long been an unfulfilled wish of mine to be able to rate every show I watch to completion as at least Good and hopefully even higher. While I can't do that with this one (it gets a solid Decent from me), I don't regret sticking with it. It was just off-beat enough and quirkily structured enough (not necessarily intentionally, but it worked for me in any case) to keep my interest. Loved the reveal that the phlegmatic Sara was the daughter of Yuria. Disappointed that we still didn't get the full scoop on closet ghost. If this gets more, I'd check it out.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:52 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Yuria turned out to be... the mother of the girl from the park, Sara

Thank you. I was kinda distracted during that scene and was wondering out of the corner of my ear why we were watching them play badminton.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:02 am Reply with quote
Asking a friend who reads the manga revealed that there is still nothing on the ghost lady, so maybe she is just meant to be some kind of gag character and nothing more? Anyway, with the human issues resolved I kind of expect demon issues to pop up, especially now that several people have figured out that the demon king is back in action.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3