• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Anime You Should Have Watched in Fall 2013

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Kyousogiga was my #1 title for 2013. . . and I remember that I was not at all expecting it to be. Takes a while to get used to its eccentric style and setting, but the series is a marvel on all fronts, including some deep emotional impact. It was directed by the woman who later went on to direct Blood Blockade Battlefront.

My other highlight from that season is definitely Outbreak Company,which I haven't rewatched in years but still consider a favorite from that time period. It's a highly-underrated precursor to the following waves of isekai series (especially the later GATE) which makes a lot of interesting points about how the infusion of outside cultural elements can be used in both positive and negative fashions; the no-holds-barred soccer match (and especially its resolution) in it is still among my all-time-favorite scenes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ozzy4k

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:45 am Reply with quote
Great read!!!! Loved this write up
one3rd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:49 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Samurai Flamenco streams on Funimation in the U.S. and U.K.

At first, I thought this was copied and pasted from an old article and wasn't caught in proofreading. But no, it really is out there on Funimation, not Crunchyroll. I thought they would have been done with moving content over by now.
Florete

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:22 pm Reply with quote
I watched a lot of these shows back when they were airing. Thanks, now I feel old.
Doctorkev

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:20 am Reply with quote
Ozzy4k wrote:
Great read!!!! Loved this write up

Thank you very much!
Doctorkev

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:21 am Reply with quote
Florete wrote:
I watched a lot of these shows back when they were airing. Thanks, now I feel old.

Me too, but I refuse to identify as "old". I'll probably still feel like I have the mind of a seventeen-year-old when I'm in my nineties.
Series5Ranger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Just a note that Non Non Biyori S1-3 (S1, Repeat, and Nonstop) and the movie are all available on Hidive as of this writing (Article states that S1 is the only one abvailable)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3