• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Crunchyroll Anime Awards Reveals 2024 Nominees

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:32 am Reply with quote
I hope Denji’s Japanese VA and especially the director of Chainsaw Man both win purely to spite the certain people who sent them toxic comments, insults, etc. due to “well, it’s not how I would have adapted the manga!” dumb mentality (way to overlook one of the Chainsaw Man manga’s themes and a major theme of Fujimoto’s other work, Goodbye Eri, regarding being toxic about an artistic vision, you supposed manga fans).

Would remind me of how satisfying it was to see The Last of Us Part 2 win Best Game at TGA, I flat out saw reactors slamming their hand down hard on their desk in an angry reaction, and one dude flat out grabbed his keyboard and hurled it off-screen. You got to love seeing these man babies get some level of comeuppance because you know for sure they had prior verbally attacked people who dared to have a different opinion about the game and other stuff.
Dnautics

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:06 am Reply with quote
I've seen 90 percent of the shows on the nominations. I appreciate Bocchi, Oshi no Ko, and Insomniacs after school being listed this year. The rest is standard popular fare. Yawnnnn. Who's going to win this year Chainsaw man, JJK or Attack on TItan ----- oh the excitement!!!
Doubleclouder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:55 pm Reply with quote
I feel like this is one of the better list of nominees I've seen from Crunchyroll. Nothing stands out as a particularly egregiously obvious critic-pushed choice. It all seems fairly representative of the actual fandom this time around.
YourNameIsMitsuha

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:51 am Reply with quote
What's with the voting? You can vote every day?? This doesn't make sense to me -_-'

Also, Chainsaw Man was the single greatest cause of increased blood pressure for me in 2022, so it'd better not win anything. Don't vote for a show that forgets what a chainsaw is! Don't disrespect Ghost in this way, Ghost deserved better treatment than this lazy writing! Vote Oshi No Ko, Bocchi the Rock, or Vinland Saga, they all deserve it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3