• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Soul Eater (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Westlo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Skys wrote:
Anyway, did anyone else see that this show will be running for 51 episodes. I'm psyched since I liked the manga.

It's needed really, the point the scans are up to (chapter 22) will probably end up being the end episode of the 2nd cour. Vol 11 or was it 12 just got released 2 weeks ago.
Dramatis Personae

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:51 am Reply with quote
I hate Soul Eater, because I already have Persona Trinity Soul among other things to watch. Eh, awesome trailer.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:50 am Reply with quote
Skys wrote:
Anyway, did anyone else see that this show will be running for 51 episodes. I'm psyched since I liked the manga.

Hmm, I don't particularly like watching long (read: 50+ episode) series week-to-week. I'll have to see how this one goes, I guess.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Labbes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:39 am Reply with quote
I didn't think that Maka's voice acting was really bad, in fact, I barely recognise voice acting because I don't pay a lot of attention to it. Anyhow, she could sound more angry, but I'm fine with it.
The art style is purely awesome, and the OP has some great animation, although I think a catchier song would have been nice.
The perspectives in the battle scenes are really well-done, too. I am looking forward to episode 2 Smile

PS: Got what was going on, even though watched in RAW - I'm so proud of myself^^
RPGamer246

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:10 pm Reply with quote
sub is out.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:53 pm Reply with quote
RPGamer246 wrote:
sub is out.

You sure about that? I can't find it with English subs anywhere. Best I could find was the trailer with English subs and episode one with what I believe to be Chinese subs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zoe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:00 pm Reply with quote
I've seen lots of people saying Maka sounds like that cause she's "insecure," "inexperienced," etc.

Let me tell you...

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll no.

This isn't a series where the lead is an underdog who has to train and better themselves to overcome many obstacles and personal failings. Maka is one of the prize students of Shibusen! She and Soul were one step away from completing the goal!

Maka isn't a perfect person, but she doesn't have any of those qualities that people are presuming.
Wotonito

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:19 pm Reply with quote
im not looking forward to maka and soul's voice, soul sounds like he's hella mature and old, but when u read the manga that voice definetly doesnt fit him. maka's voice is annoying too, i wonder what her voice will be like when she goes insane... not lookin forward to it, i problably wont even watch the anime.
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:19 pm Reply with quote
RPGamer246 wrote:
sub is out.

i don't see why anyone would bother subbing it, when the unedited version aired today... unless they miraculously knocked out a sub in 3 hours.

edit:
and from the sound of things, it's a crappy sub.

Last edited by v1cious on Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zoe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:25 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
i don't see why anyone would bother subbing it, when the unedited version aired today... unless they miraculous knocked out a sub in 3 hours.

Unedited version hasn't aired yet. The TV Tokyo airing will be early Friday mornings, other affiliates later in the weekend.
RPGamer246

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:52 pm Reply with quote
my mistake the website i use posted it up as english subbed but changed it after i already started downloading it, i have the chinese sub.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:53 am Reply with quote
Saw episode 1.....

Blair wins.....episode over! Surprised

This episode mostly introduced a spunky girl Maka and her transforming-scythe partner Soul. spoiler[Basically, they were able to collect 99 souls, and they need one more which has to be a witch's soul in order for Soul to become a Death Scythe. They came across Blair's house whom they assume she's a witch and tried to defeat her. But Blair proved to be very tough since her powers (and her voluptuous body) overwhelmed them (especially with Soul's proneness of getting nosebleeds from getting his face smashed onto Blair's boobs).

In the end, they were able to defeat her and Soul ate her soul. That proved to be invalid because Blair was never a witch in the first place. She was really a cat (who can turn into a catgirl....YAY!!!!) with ridiculous amount to magic powers and 9 lives. And since Maka and Soul blew it, they had to start all over again.]

And the animation and funky style BONES used is just so.....out of this world, I guess. I remember one blogger mentioning it reminded him of "The Nightmare Before Christmas" so I guess that makes it a good comparison to a certain extent. It definitely worth the look just for the visuals. Let's see how it fares for the next 50 episodes!
Westlo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:15 am Reply with quote
Just a note to anyone who might get put off over the spoiler[soul collecting] thing from episode 1. That aspect gets dropped real quick, I actually don't think it's even in the proper manga and it might only be for the 3 one shots.
Zoe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:14 am Reply with quote
Westlo wrote:
Just a note to anyone who might get put off over the spoiler[soul collecting] thing from episode 1. That aspect gets dropped real quick, I actually don't think it's even in the proper manga and it might only be for the 3 one shots.

It's given as an excuse for the assignment in the proper first chapter, but after that it really does disappear.

Although spoiler[Kid absorbs an animal soul] in chapter 47.
Westlo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:23 am Reply with quote
I'm so tempted to ask you a few questions about chapters 25 to the current one, must resist! lol
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 26