• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yu Yu Hakusho Card Goes for $938 on E-Bay

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:14 am Reply with quote
Not to knock anyones hobbies or anything, but everyone I know who plays Yu-Gi-Oh, DBZ, Harry Potter or Yu-Yu-Hakusho CCG all said it was because Magic The Gathering was too complicated. Iv'e played Pokemon, YGO and DBZ, but I am a fan of MAgic and I beleave I am a generally skilled a knowledgable player of the game. The thing is, is that they are all ultimatly the same damn game. Even the companies income generally are equal. Take Yu-Gi-Oh's 5-8 expansion sets for cards up to $100 and compare them to Magic's 23-odd expansions with cards up to $20. And I must allude to a Magic card called Black Lotus which tends to run between $500-$1200, but it is an 11 year old card.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
space clam

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:01 pm Reply with quote
I suppose reputation matters, but I think geographic area plays a big part. Around my parts, DBZ, as a whole, is dead. It was fun while it lasted, but most people moved on to YGO and such. The few diehard players that remain (by few I mean less than 10) are either too broke to afford to buy the cards, or are still playing the same Red Anger deck back when the Trunks Saga came out. I believe reputation comes into play when I try to sell cards on eBay. Since I have so few sales, people seem to avoid me. (which is perfectly logical; no one wants to take the chance of being ripped off.) Having said all that, I'm going to stop hijacking this thread now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Cerberus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:20 pm Reply with quote
I think that that much money would be better spent on charities... Laughing No, but if it was me, I'd use the money to buy manga.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3