• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Rescues Seirei no Moribito License

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cloud1989

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:26 pm Reply with quote
great news, ok , so whats next, hurry up I want more geneon stuff.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Tyrenol wrote:
rankothefiremage wrote:
Reasons??? mind imparting upon us the wisdom that has of yet passed by us?

*...inhales...*

The paying mainstream anime fanbase would not want to wach an otherwise awesome show and then have it ruined by some whining useless loser. Rap "artists" like 50 Cent are more popular than 98% of the crap that's created in Japan only because the West is about "kicking ass," not "drowning out your own misery."

Oh, is that what you meant. Here I thought you knew what you were talking about. Maybe you can come up with a better reason after you've actually watched Black Lagoon.

Richard's reasoning makes much more sense, though even if it was a different company (say, FUNi which has also expressed interest in Geneon's titles) simply helping to finish off incomplete titles I'd still consider that a rescue.

Unfortunately there aren't many options remaining for Geneon's titles (aside from the already mentioned FUNi and MB). Bandai (either one) just don't seem to be the type to pick up others scraps. ADV has picked up a lot of expired series and second seasons in the past, but they're currently having their own troubles so I doubt there's anything they could do this year. That really only leaves Manga and they don't seem to like doing too much at once these days. Then again, they aren't exactly busy right now. Any other company is just too small to be useful here but we've been surprised before.

Beruda wrote:
I hope someone rescues out Ergo Proxy.

Er, it doesn't need to be rescued, it finished just in time like Fate/ stay night.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Since he has a bit of an old-school fetish, maybe he can save Lupin next. I'd love collections like what they've been doing w/ Voltron and Tekkaman.
cloud1989

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:27 pm Reply with quote
fate/stay night is hard to come by completely even though it was completely released so its in desperate need of a nice box set for those who couldn't get it on time or may learn of it in the future, ergo proxy is the same but is a little easier to find. I know that john said in a waffle discussion(I think), that geneon may be getting back in their feet somehow, as great a news as it is they rescued a title, I hope this wasn't the big geneon news he hinted, because its still far from what he made it out to be.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! Thank you MB! I hope they'll rescue more series in the future.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Er, it doesn't need to be rescued, it finished just in time like Fate/ stay night.

Yes, it finished, but it went out of print almost immediately after doing so, which doesn't exactly do much for poor saps like me who only got into the series over the past month or two. I don't have any personal stakes invested in any of the half/not-released Geneon titles (though I'm certainly happy for the Seirei fans who'll get the chance to own the whole series), but what I am concerned about are some of their more popular older licenses that are now out-of-print and that I'll probably wind up eventually watching some day and wanting to buy; I suppose I'll most likely have to hope that there are still copies out there when I want to buy them.
james438

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:11 pm Reply with quote
yeah, certain volumes of ergo proxy are nearly impossible to find anywhere and the ones you do find sell for about $50 a pop on Amazon. Sad
Celes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:39 pm Reply with quote
This is great news. But chalk up another hopeful for Story of Saiunkoku being rescued. I need some good shojo anime that lets me think and not get diabetes from too much cute.
fokkusuhaundo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Yay this is great news since Guardian of the Sacred Spirit was one of few titles from 2007 that I really liked and would buy. I'm still however trying to save up for the Samurai Champloo box set which is $150+ and sold out at most places unless someone would be kind enough to rescue the license and release it in a cheaper box set.
sanosuke32

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm so happy this series was relicensed, such a great one. Hopefully this leaves good news for Hellsing Ultimate as well and they should be able to bring out the second season for black lagoon quickly since Viz finished the dubbing.
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:33 pm Reply with quote
So I have a feeling FY is gonna go to Viz, Hellsing will go to FUNimation, and Black Lagoon will go to ADV.
GreenDragoon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:21 am Reply with quote
Wow! I'm thrilled to hear that this has been (re)licensed! This is the only 'orphaned' Geneon-licensed series that I really cared about—and I really did care about it a good bit, so I'm very glad indeed to hear that it will at last be released stateside.
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:03 am Reply with quote
Is this a true license rescue, or simply Media Blasters acting as distributor?
bci110

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:27 am Reply with quote
AstroNerdBoy wrote:
Is this a true license rescue, or simply Media Blasters acting as distributor?

I'm assuming that MB is acting more like a distributor to the title instead of them actually acquiring the license, especially since the English language track for the series is all but completed and paid for.
Veoryn87

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:44 am Reply with quote
So is this the series I've seen clips of with the incredibly art and animation and the awsome spear fights? If it is then that's cool that it's coming here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4