• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Buried Treasure - Roujin Z

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:47 pm Reply with quote
I saw this on Sci-Fi Channel as well, the voice of the bed in English cracked me up when she said "Oh sexy pants" to her husband. I missed a good deal of the beginning so I wasn't entirely sure what the anime was about.

Last edited by belvadeer on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
mDuo13

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Watched this subtitled at an anime club many years ago. It was enjoyable then, and it's a classic now. Not perfect, but so fun.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
JackBassV

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:26 pm Reply with quote
I've still got the original vhs copy of this, but can't play it because my video died^^;

I'll just have to get this brilliant film on DVD... Sometime anyway.

As for Strange Dawn, I first saw this on channel 5 (UK) in their pre-school slot (aka, Milkshake)!

I think someone saw the character design and thought "That's a great looking kids program!" not realising that there's adult themes a-plenty, including attempted rape, murder and near the end, a character literally being kicked to death.

They soon moved it to a 5am slot (from 7:30).

I really want this in sub form (I dislike dubs for the most part - except Excel Saga^_^)

JBV^_^
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
mike.motaku wrote:
Sure, easily available NOW. But Elf Princess Rane went out of print within a week of your last article. You are an evil, evil man Justin.

Good thing I was able to get a copy of Elf Princess Rane before it was too late. GueAss I'll have to do the same for this title.

I dont think Elf Princess Rane is going out of print, since they put a trailer for it on the recent release of Simoun 3.

I caught the trailer for this on my recent run through of Now and Then, Here and There on Netflix (I always run through the trailers first).

Going to add to the queue if available.

Gewürtztraminer
taeko-san

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:08 pm Reply with quote
UtenaAnthy wrote:
I'm glad you liked what I wrote, I sadly speak almost no French (otherwise I'd opt for those discs if they have the original Japanese on), which reminds me I want to pull out those Spanish learning CDs.

Sorry to hear that. There are two dubs (Japanese and French stereo) and two subs (French and Dutch). I guess Dutch is no better for you? Wink

The series was released both as four single DVD:s and a collected DVD box. The box is out of print but available at second hand sites such as www.priceminister.com and www.ebay.fr .

There was an Italian release a couple of years ago as well. See http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strange_Dawn .

jsevakis wrote:
Thanks for the request. I liked Strange Dawn quite a bit as well, though I have to admit I feel a little uncomfortable recommending something I haven't seen it its entirety. What if it nosedives later?

It's a bit uneven at times. But no nosedive. However, I wanted "Strange Dawn" to be twice as long as those meager 13 episodes. It's so captivating!
velocet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Chalk me up as another fan of Strange Dawn - I was really disappointed that the DVD release was never completed. I too saw it first on Channel 5, but I only caught a couple of random episodes, so I never got to see an ending. Still, there was just something about it that really intrigued me, and I was pleasantly surprised by it after importing the first DVD on a whim.

Thanks, taeko-san for pointing out the French release, I may get it and see if I can struggle through with French subs, though my Japanese is better than my French, hopefully between the two I'll at least get some closure out of it!
Merina

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:39 pm Reply with quote
I Love This Anime. I Saw It One Lazy Summer Day About 2 years Ago, and i absolutely fell in love with it! It was just filled with susspence and adventure, and im glad to admit, i so own a copy! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3