• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Confirms License of Ano Natsu de Matteru Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrisGer A.A.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:46 pm Reply with quote
it may be both....don't give up hope. ...from what i hear this is doing very well and people are thinking things over.
Xanas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:31 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
configspace wrote:
Count me as one of the disappointed ones too for a DVD-only release...

Call me old-fashioned but I'd rather have a dub than a Blu-Ray release, especially for this show. Of course having both would be nice, but if I had to choose . . .

It's a pretty easy choice in my case, because I can always get a remux online that combines the Japanese and English releases because I'm a horrible person. Albeit a horrible person who will at least buy something I suppose, lol. If they only do the DVD without a dub I'd probably delay purchasing. I do have other things to buy.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:57 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:

I guess we can expect this to continue for just about every drama, romance, and slice-of-life Sentai show Sad

Well, ef was dubbed and received a bluray, so I wouldnt say it's the case for every show.
zensunni

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:15 pm Reply with quote
I realize this is a majorly old thread and all, but I have been re-watching Waiting in the Summer and decided to send an e-mail to Sentai Filmworks to see if I could get any advance info on the release date. Official word: No street date yet! Sad

I also asked about the possibility of a BluRay and Dub, since I believe it was one of the more popular titles on Crunchyroll from that season, but the Sentai rep who answered my e-mail artfully avoided even acknowledging that question.

Since they said it would be released "later this year" and Section23 has already announced their December releases, I don't know that they are going to make it on the original schedule... Maybe that is because they decided to dub it and give it a BluRay release? We can always hope!

If I remember correctly, this is one of the last shows that Sentai announced with the format of the home video release listed in the press release. Since then they have taken to officially stating them at "home video release". From what they have said at recent panels at cons, they look at the streaming numbers from Crunchyroll, TAN, and Hulu when determining whether to dub or not, and they don't put things on BluRay without dubbing them.

I wouldn't mind a dub, but what I really want is the BluRay, since this is an absolutely gorgeous show!

Only two more episodes and I will be done with my complete re-watch... It is still just as good as I remember it the first time. Maybe better, since I know more about character motivations and all. There are scenes where the facial expressions of the characters are exquisite, especially knowing how things pan out later.

Mio doesn't get enough love, BTW! One of the best characters of the past few years. Sure, Kanna and Ichika are great characters too, but Mio is unique in so many ways and shows so much character development over the season. She is amazing! spoiler[Though Kanna is special, since she is the only case in memory of a character being the hypotenuse in two different love triangles! (One because of her own choice, mind you.) That is one mixed up life!]
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Volume 6 (the last volume) was just released a few weeks ago in Japan. Typically there is a 4 to 12 month waiting period for Sentai to release a series after it has finished being released in Japan. I would bet on late Spring to early Summer 2013 for Ano Natsu.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3