• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sword Art Online II (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:18 pm Reply with quote
You guys can fight over underage high schools girls, I will take the nurse any day of the week 8^)
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:24 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
You guys can fight over underage high schools girls, I will take the nurse any day of the week 8^)

Asuna is totally legal.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Where I live Silica is the only one underage.
Lain'sHairline

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sold on nurse joy yet, she may be a trap. The Bleach manga has recently rekindled those fears. Laughing
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:59 am Reply with quote
Episode 8:

Welp and action picked up this episode. We get spoiler[Death Gun and that one other guy with the acrobatic moves. I wonder who he is though? Anyways, if Death Gun has a weapon like that, then Kirito and Sinon are in trouble.]

With that cliffhanger, I doubt spoiler[Death Gun will die next time. My guess is that Sinon will likely miss but she does need to attack now].

And seriously, the spoiler[guys fell for that Kirito Trap? lol.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shikiari

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Okay episode. There wasn't any reason to get excited until that cliffhanger ending.

I've got a feeling that spoiler[Sinon will either miss Death Gun or shoot the Ninja guy on the floor to stop Death Gun from killing him.]

Did my eyes decieve me or did spoiler[Kirito force himself onto Sinon and stop her from moving until she complied with his demands?] It's lucky he isn't called Speigel or we'd have calls for his head again... Wink
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:36 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Kirito pumping Sinon] for info... again.
He would totally be out of the loop if it wasn't for her.
Looks like Kirito got famous & popular fast!
Him pretending to be a spoiler[girl] again was kinda lame though.
Guess he has to keep his cover..
spoiler[Kirito is gonna use BoB main tournament to find Death Gun.]
That is if he is even participating.
Surprise, of course he is!
It was fun watching spoiler[Kirito & Sinon observe the situation on the bridge.]
Interesting ending.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:
I've got a feeling that spoiler[Sinon will either miss Death Gun or shoot the Ninja guy on the floor to stop Death Gun from killing him.]

She's got no reason to spoiler[shoot ninja guy. From her perspective it would make sense to shoot Death Gun after he gets rid of another very skilled player. She doesn't know he's Death Gun yet.] As far as I can tell, she seems unaware there's even a rumor about Death Gun.

I actually liked that whole episode, although I wish Sinon would get over her snit already. Can't decide if it's realistic or not that Kirito seems to be the first player to figure out spoiler[you can evade the sky cams.] It seems like the no-brainer his tone of voice made it out to be, but in a macho game like this you gotta wonder if anyone would be willing to spoiler[stow their gear and strip down] to do it (since the vids are public). Smile
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
although I wish Sinon would get over her snit already.

I think she is being played pretty reasonably. From her point of view Kirito is not only a rival but he is really really annoying. How would you act if someone was always pumping you for information in that situation?
Stark700 wrote:
And seriously, the guys fell for that spoiler[Kirito Trap?] lol.

Definitely an LOL moment. Another reason for Sinon to be annoyed with him (see above).

What would Asuna say if she saw what he was up to?
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:47 pm Reply with quote
If I'm not mistaken isn't she watching this game? Considering the........ahem..ambiguous pose him and Sinon get in he's already in enough trouble. Speaking of which wouldn't the camera's have seen spoiler[him naked?] Would have been funny for all his fans to witness imo.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:04 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
How would you act if someone was always pumping you for information in that situation?

I could totally relate to her "did you even read the email?!" exasperation at the info-dump the writers forced her to give, but that's not related to her still being pissed off at Kirito's "betrayal." She's still snotty to him at all other times, except for brief moments when she turns on a dime and becomes compassionate. That's what I'd like to see her get over already.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:24 pm Reply with quote
I have nothing particularly profound to add about this eppie (much like any other one, sez the crowd), but I liked it. Glad we are in the Battle Royale thick of things.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Never saw this is the sort of show that would make such a blatant reference to another anime, but dat elevator scene...

Also noticed this a few episodes back but there's a dude who goes by the name of Jack Reacher.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:21 pm Reply with quote
I think most if not all the names were movie/game/music parodies. Lion Ritchie? Oo
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:15 pm Reply with quote
In episode 8 if Kirito had spoiler[attacked Sinon] with his sword rather than just pinning her down, she would have been dead.

She's the one that let her guard down too much, but she's the one that ends up telling him to be more cautious Laughing

Lain'sHairline wrote:
I'm not sold on nurse joy yet, she may be a trap. The Bleach manga has recently rekindled those fears. Laughing
Why? Trap nurse > cute nurse Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 30 of 115