• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Clannad Sub.DVD Part 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animehermit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:29 am Reply with quote
and this is why the only persons opinion i trust on anime is my own
grooven

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:28 pm Reply with quote
@PetrifiedJello

I completely agree with you. There were many only a few moments in Fruits basket none that are ground breaking. Tohru as a character to compare to anyone is a terrible example. She is comepletly un-realtable showing no emtions of actual anger. Which is impossible. Saikano....oh boy don't get me started on that train wreck.

@Key

Key does make strong characters. If not shown in these examples Little Busters may be a better bet.

As to people and the cop out ending it makes sense and is not a cop out. If you watch the show it actually makes sense (many clues). It wasn't obvious as the game portrayed, which was a fault it how it was presented. But imagine playing the game for 300 hours and you get episode 22. Yeah isn't that great. Play 13 routes and you get episode 22....

KEY makes amazing games wheater or not itt ranslates well into an anime. They make amazing stories.

@anime hermit

Exactly!
ClocktowerKyon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:03 am Reply with quote
Eh, I don't plan on buying Clannad unless it gets an English Dub. But, that's not likely to happen, isn't it?
Key

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:28 am Reply with quote
animehermit wrote:
and this is why the only persons opinion i trust on anime is my own

Care to explain why you say that in this case? And please make an effort to actually use proper grammar in the future.

grooven wrote:
There were many only a few moments in Fruits basket none that are ground breaking. Tohru as a character to compare to anyone is a terrible example. She is comepletly un-realtable showing no emtions of actual anger. Which is impossible. Saikano....oh boy don't get me started on that train wreck.

Need to work on your word choice and spelling here, friend, but I think I get what you're trying to say. I actually do know people IRL who only get angry once in a blue moon; in fact, one of my closest friends I've only seen truly angry once or twice in the eight years I've known him, and that was only briefly. I've also met people who are as unfailingly nice and put-other-people-first as Tohru is, though admittedly her character is a bit exaggerated. No less can be said about most of the girls in Clannad, however.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
vedicardi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:23 am Reply with quote
The toyomo arc is terrible, even in the original Visual Novel
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4