• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Haruhi Suzumiya Anime Officially Posted in English on YouTube

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abominaSion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:58 pm Reply with quote
So is this the original "Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" that came out a while back. I viewed about 3 minutes of the first episodes and it seemed identical to what I own... I think I missed something.
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:11 am Reply with quote
The first seven episodes are supposed to be the same, not that I've watched them to check. The eighth episode is a new one, that mostly fits in this point chronologically, and is based on material the animators skipped over for the original first season.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:14 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:

ON TOPIC:[/b] Ever since H2 was announced, we all just assumed Bandai would license this show right up, but now I'm iffy because they haven't yet. I don't know much about Bandai's current situation, but I do know that they are releasing three new shows without a dub (sola, true tears, hayate), left the Lucky Star OVA subbed, haven't even given Haruhi 1 a Legends set, and haven't licensed a show in....I can't remember the last show they got (CG2?).

They got both seasons of Code Geass at the same time, and they have held the Hayate rights for almost a year, when the first season ended in Japan

I would love them to dub over some of the stuff they have, I was just thinking the Lucky Star OVA would be saved for when a box set would be released. If and when they dub over Hayate it's going to be a heck of a long time because of all the copy right stuff in that show.

On topic to Haruhi being on youtube
It's nice to see this, I just wish they would check there job on the ep 8 subs because it kind of seems like they didn't spell check
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:18 pm Reply with quote
The first episode was definitely the same (given that there's no Bluray version and all versions of the DVDs are lacking in quality, I 'appropriated' one of the really hi res .ts raws of the first episode. Despite the multigigabyte size I was not overly impressed)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4