• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Shippūden is #5 Show Streamed on Hulu in 2009

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:19 pm Reply with quote
I knew it was doing well on crunchyroll, but Hulu? Knowing that a majority of my friends who use the site don't watch anime, I think that's impressive.

The stupidity over which show/manga is better in this thread is astounding.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:06 pm Reply with quote
SS_Vegeta wrote:
I feel so bad for One Piece fans ... that 'Naruto' is becoming the successor to Dragon Ball in the United States, when it should rightfully be One Piece. I mean, Dragon Ball and One Piece are actually far more famous than Naruto is around the world.

I wish Naruto would just die, and go away. It's such a horrible filler-filled crappy anime. Teens defend it, though it's nearly as bad as DBZ got in terms of story.

here we go Rolling Eyes. How did this topic turn to one piece fans complaining that naruto is more popular?
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:33 pm Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
here we go Rolling Eyes. How did this topic turn to one piece fans complaining that naruto is more popular?

It's been that way since the first post. Wink Some people just find a need to reinforce their love of a show by comparing it to something else that's popular and attempt to belittle its fanbase. I love Naruto, not quite to the point of obsession, but it's close, yet I can think of a dozen much shorter shows and movies that are better than it and given the choice I'd prefer to watch. However, I don't go into every topic and tell people they're watching the wrong shows either.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:45 pm Reply with quote
SS_Vegeta wrote:
I feel so bad for One Piece fans ... that 'Naruto' is becoming the successor to Dragon Ball in the United States, when it should rightfully be One Piece. I mean, Dragon Ball and One Piece are actually far more famous than Naruto is around the world.

I wish Naruto would just die, and go away. It's such a horrible filler-filled crappy anime. Teens defend it, though it's nearly as bad as DBZ got in terms of story.

Is One Piece really more popular around the world? The only charts i've seen are the US and Japan so i'll admit what I'm about to say is based solely off of that. Naruto is #2 in Japan and #1 in the US (for best selling manga). One Piece is #1 in Japan and doesn't even make the charts in the US. Just going off of that, it seems like One Piece is extremely hit or miss while Naruto is popular everywhere.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:35 pm Reply with quote
@egoist and Kirikiri23, their are some things I don't want to know, and your bizarre sexual fetishes are one of them.
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
@egoist and Kirikiri23, their are some things I don't want to know, and your bizarre sexual fetishes are one of them.

Indeed. But that's perhaps not one of them, since that's something normal people would call "joke". In addition to that, I'm not interested in knowing what kind of things you'd like to know either, besides this is not the right place to be condemning another's sexual preferences; copy?
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:19 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Charred Knight wrote:

Indeed. But that's perhaps not one of them, since that's something normal people would call "joke". In addition to that, I'm not interested in knowing what kind of things you'd like to know either, besides this is not the right place to be condemning another's sexual preferences; copy?

Wow, what a fantastic joke, I mean making a post that is just like a ton of other posts that I see and expecting us to figure out that it's a joke is brilliant.
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
Wow, what a fantastic joke, I mean making a post that is just like a ton of other posts that I see and expecting us to figure out that it's a joke is brilliant.

No, sorry Charred Knight. That was real and I really do think that moe is better than any other thing on the planet Earth. Perhaps because I was born with just the left side of my brain functioning, or perhaps because I've been on the Internet for too long the right side of my brain practically ceased reasoning and succumbed to the Internet's mediocrity. So, are you ready to drop the personal bologus? I'm here, and there's a damn PM button just on your line of sight.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4