• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Band Posts About Bleach's 'Last Season,' Deletes Mention

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
population_tire

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:41 am Reply with quote
Bleach just hasn't been the same quality since the Soul Society arc.
skulljoke90

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:06 pm Reply with quote
So Bleach's ending...huh....

well it was very good... i loved these last episodes. Well i bet they're gonna announce a new Bleach "__?__" like they did with that gay ninja adventure.
lemursrule

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Rumors are false according to Morita Yosuke, assistant recording director of the Bleach anime via his twitter account. He states "The airing schedule has been fixed far in advance and it won't be ended soon." Here is a link to the original tweet http://twitter.com/zack_mori/status/25007694557487104
vashna

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:02 pm Reply with quote
I know there's been some negative talk about Bleach here, but I for one am relieved. I'm glad to hear that series isn't going away any time soon.
ZenErik

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Bleach should have ended 304 episodes ago.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Sorry, vashna, but for me, a story should have a beginning, a middle, and an END.

I don't mind if the middle takes a while to complete, but I dislike stories that never seem to actually end. Now, Bleach *does* seem to be going somewhere, and if we look at the beginning (which is supposed to set the scope of the show, among other things), it would seem that the issues brought up then are mostly resolved, though some few remain. But IMO, there isn't much left to go... or rather there *shouldn't* be much left to go.

All good things come to an eventually, and you can either go out on your own terms, or crawl away on those of another. One of the (many) great things about Cowboy Beebop is that it most definitely went out on its own terms. That was a *real* ending, and a good one -- a great one, really. But just puking out new episodes when the plot has already run its course? That's just lame and pathetic. It's not something I want to see happen to any story, Bleach included.
vashna

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:01 am Reply with quote
Nah, you have every right to your opinion. Though we disagree on that (you feeling Bleach should come to an end, and me being a rabid fanboy after all who would never want anything to end Razz) how did you feel about the idea of there being a second series?
bunnyhopper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Wolfzau wrote:
Personally I just see it going on hiatus until Kubo gets out ahead of it again. Worst case scenario for Bleach fans is that the anime never returns and it's strictly manga from now on.

While Kubo did say that he was about halfway through the series, like the others before me mentioned, this means little in regards to the anime.

However, shounen titles are the powerhouses of the manga industry and, like Ken Akamatsu said, if One Piece, Naruto and Bleach all suddenly ended the industry would take a massive hit.

Bleach is ending, regardless of what the director is saying for publicity. The story has been shit for the previous two years. Unfortunately for Bleach fans, and I Was one of them, the manga seems like it's on the edge of getting cut as well.

Ken Akamatsu's prediction was that the industry would get screwed if all of the "big 3" were to end at once. Judging from the Naruto manga's current arc, it seems like an ending is in sight too. Maybe that ending will take a year or two, and the anime will go on for another year after that, but still, we can definitely feel from the mangaka's pacing that the end is in sight. At least Naruto will be ending with some dignity as it as been improving recently, as opposed to Bleach which is just getting cut for being lame.

I suggest fans of Bleach pick up One Piece. I never read One Piece until Bleach started to go downhill, but once I started I was hooked and regretted not doing so sooner.

Lots of long-running series that have made up an integral part of my childhood have been ending recently: Fullmetal Alchemist and Inuyasha are two. Like I said, Naruto seems like it's coming to an end as well, but I'm glad it looks like the plot will finish in a good way. Bleach has been entertaining for many years, and very heartbreaking to follow for the last two as I literally watched it turn into a train-wreak.

One Piece is the future! Join me fellow ANN members!
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:39 am Reply with quote
vashna wrote:
Nah, you have every right to your opinion. Though we disagree on that (you feeling Bleach should come to an end, and me being a rabid fanboy after all who would never want anything to end Razz) how did you feel about the idea of there being a second series?

I didn't notice that you'd responded to me. So I'm sorry this reply has been delayed so long.

I don't mind a second series so long as they can justify it. For example, my earlier mention of Cowboy Beebop: there's no way to justify a new series; that's not to say that you couldn't make one, but it would feel... slapped on, at best. OTOH, other anime have done it and done it well. Whether Bleach could do it? I'm not sure. I'd check it out, though, if one was made.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4